• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Factoid of The Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
First of all my wife would like to thank Hereford 76 for prompting me to start hauling out my archives lol. I thought I'd post some stuff I'm finding that might be interesting.

"In 1827 Mr. Cornet de Caen presented a steer which was 6 feet 2 inches at the withers and weighed 5609 pounds" This was a steer of the Normande breed.

I saw Conqueror the first Normande bull in North America from what I remember he was a pretty well made bull but that pinto hide probably didn't help much. At the same deal they had a bunch of halfblood Chianina heifers-one got her head through a panel and pretty much trashed the trade fair.

I got that Normande stuff from the November 1975-Focus on Beef

Funny.... I just hauled out 8 boxes from my son's room of popular machinic and success full farming magizines..... What is it with you pack rats??? :shock: :shock:

katrina said:
rancherfred said:
katrina said:
I was releaved to NOT find any penthouse or playgirl!!! :wink:

You must think your son is a bit confused about which team he is playing for! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

OOOPPPPPSSSSSS My bad!!!
It's playboy isn't it??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Maybe a few playboy wouldn't be a bad thing. :lol:

Well, I'd certainly be more worried about finding Playgirls in my son's room than Playboys!

In 1981 only 3 percent of the Hereford cattle were over frame 7 by 1989 89 percent were over frame 7 and only 1 percent were under frame 6-this is at the Denver Stock Show. It would be interesting to see where we are now.

Latest posts