• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old songs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Strawberry Roan??! Little Joe the Wrangler?!! :eek: :shock: My husband sang these songs to our littlest ones as "lullabyes" a few years back and i thought he was MAKING THEM UP!! OOOPPPSSS!! he loves the older Chris LeDoux songs and had "Look at you girl" sung at our wedding and as our first dance!!
I know that it's not an "old song", but i woke this morning to my alarm clock playing "Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt.....sure set the mood :D :D :D

Hoping all of you are having a great day!!

I remember my Mom singing 'Little Joe the Wrangler' to me as a little kid. Darn it BMR I'd of headed down to Assinaboia for Ian Tyson but Ty is riding bulls by Calgary that weekend. It's amazing what young kids will listen to-my neighbor and I pulled an all nighter to Albuquerque with his teenage boys a couple years back and I had an old Stompin' Tom Connors tape along-well we sang along to that for about a thousand miles. Garth Brooks never got out of the CD case lol.

My dad sang Hank Williams to me. And the bull frog song( You get a line and I'll get pole baby, You get a line and I'll get pole ole baby, You get a line I'll get a pole will go down by the ole frog hole, hmmmhmmmm be mine. And another one was,I don't want her you can have her she's to fat for me. Way to fat for me....

Hank Williams Jr.

I really really really like GIRLS

I like em short I like em tall

I like em fat I like em small

I like em all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coming back from Miles City this evening we heard Hank III sing, "I don't know". It was a real catchy tune and I think one of the first ones I've heard him sing.

When we were in W. Mt. a friend of ours was a good friend of Dick Willy. Hank Williams Jr. was with Dick Willy when he fell off the mountain in the Big Hole and almost didn't survive. It was a few years later when he was hunting and came to the town we lived in with Dick Willy to visit the mutual friends of us both. Anyway, they called and invited a few people in to the Moose Lodge to listen to Hank Williams Jr. IT WAS A BLAST!! He can play absoulutely any insturment. Talk about a musician. We were so impressed! I don't think his musical talent is as apparent on stage as what he possesses, since he mostly sings and plays a little guitar when on stage. The piano--he can play it like Jerry Lee Lewis!!! The music just rolls out of him. It was awesome! A time we will never forget.

Hey Mike! I recall Hot Rod Lincoln, but not all the words. I was trying to remember the other night the song that ends, "It was a kid in a hopped up Model A." One of the other lines is "I thought it was a plane, the way it was a-comin' "-- what is that song? Is that "Hot Rod Lincoln?"

Tonight we also heard Tommy Collins sing "You just better not do that". There are so many good ones a person forgets about. I had forgotten about Freddie Hart. He had some pretty good ones.

Latest posts