• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Texas Plates

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Made new again.
License plates I was asked to paint for a friend.
Before
2011-05-26-103.jpg

After
2011-05-30-002.jpg

The 1936 Ford truck they'll be goin on.
Stevestruck.jpg

There ya go again..steadyhand Lilly...you did an awesome job painting all the numbers and letters...I sure couldn't of stayed between the lines..lol

really nice job on the plates lilly, but to use a hunting gear/reloading catalogue as a drop cloth,well, well ,thats just sacrilege :cry2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hillsdown...it's a 1927 Dodge Touring car.

Jassy...I free handed everything except the outside border...I did tape those off because I didn't think I could stay straight that far LOL It was something different...didn't have anything to do with the wedding...or fence. Was a nice break from what has been goin on around here for a while. LOL

Nice job painting the license plates. Those old vehicles are pretty nifty also.

My grandmother used to paint pictures on a different kind of plate--a dinner plate. Usually it was the head of a horned Hereford bull. They turned out pretty good. She also painted pictures on neckties.

hayguy said:
really nice job on the plates lilly, but to use a hunting gear/reloading catalogue as a drop cloth,well, well ,thats just sacrilege :cry2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hahaha well that wasn't my choice. I sat down to get ready to paint...and made the comment..."Guess I should get a newspaper or something to put under these" and Mr Lilly left the room and came back with what you see for me to use.

Interesting topic. I found a 1951 Texas plate in the road ditch South East of Baker, MT about ten years ago it was yellow in color and a shorter plate that those pictured. That was about the time oil was discovered in this area.

Latest posts