• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old West Days trail ride photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Mypassengersriders.jpg

Sundayafternoontrailride.jpg

TR2.jpg

TR3.jpg

TR4.jpg

TR5.jpg

TR6.jpg

TR7.jpg

TR8.jpg

HanktheCowBoy.jpg

MissusMandmulesandmore.jpg

MissusSoapweed.jpg

MynewgreyhorseSmokey.jpg

Soapweed, your wife is outclassing you with her pretty hat!!!

I bet those folks had more fun than they could stand. Good that you took time to ride along with 'em.

Makes me think about something an old horsetrader put in his sale book one time. He and his family were going to Australia and he was selling all the horses before he left. That sale book was a real treasure. I wish I still had mine. Anyhow, in the front he said "We have horses for everyone. We have tall horses for tall people, we have short horses for short people; we have fast horses and we have slow horses.. Heck, we have horses that don't like to be rode for people who don't like to ride."
:wink: :lol:

Faster horses said:
Anyhow, in the front he said "We have horses for everyone. We have tall horses for tall people, we have short horses for short people; we have fast horses and we have slow horses.. Heck, we have horses that don't like to be rode for people who don't like to ride."
:wink: :lol:

FH: Funny one! :lol:

Looks like you had a really pleasant day in Soapweed Land.
(Are you riding like George Washington, Soapweed in that later picture- with your toes down?? :shock: Maybe I'm not seeing right.)

nr, in this case, I don't think you are seeing right. Soapweed boots have a riding heel (underslung) and his foot is in the stirrup as far as they can go. Therefore his heel is most likely down or at the least, his feet are level, which is the style of many ranchers when they ride long distances.

I'm the one who started the George Washington 'toes down' thing, so thought I'd respond to your question. :wink:

The gray horse must not be holding the roached mane against ya, Soapweed. It looks like you're getting along with him quite well.

I'm still shaking my head thinking of you buying 3 horses at a horse sale and they all turned out good. I still think that is a record!

Two or three guys were almost drooling over the grey horse. He behaved completely like a gentleman all throughout the ride. I fully expect that several people, after seeing my nicely roached horse's mane, will go right home and do that to their horses, too. Joke, ha ha, probably not. :wink:

Latest posts