• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer... Fwp meeting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranch hand

Reaction score
Did you go to the meeting on the free roaming bison? What exactly are their plans?[/u]

No, that is already done, so they are having public comment for their next plan of free roaming bison for the whole state. They want to designate the park bison out of the park as wildlife. That way they are not responsible for damage. I would like to know besides reservations which public lands they are going to put them on. Read on northern ag where the meeting got heated in Glasgow as they made it a dog and pony show and some people walked out.

ranch hand same old BS from FWP that they have always done.
Going to the meeting in Great Falls on the 23rd.

Big Muddy the "PLAN" is to pretty much run all the farmers and ranchers off our land and turn it all into the "Big Open" that has been in the works for years.
From what I read they want them going from the CM Russell preserve clear over to Fort Benton going north to Big Sandy and as fgar south as Lewistown.
FWP has NO PLANS to keep them contained nor to re-imburse for private property damage but if the farmer/rancher does something to defend their property they get charged and thrown in jail.

Too many city folks think they should have a say in it when it does not affect them nor will they do anything to help us then get pissed off when we tell them to stick it when they want to hunt our private property.
Wonder how they would feel if we dumped our trash in their front yards?

ranch hand said:
Did you go to the meeting on the free roaming bison? What exactly are their plans?[/u]

I didn't make it as I had forgot about it and had other commitments already...I had already sent them my written comments ...I know there were folks in here from as far west as Havre- as earlier in the day I talked with a former State Senator from over that way that was in town for the meeting...Everyone I talked to said it was a good turnout almost entirely anti buffalo - but they were unhappy with the way the F&G broke it into small "work" groups rather than taking comments from everyone from the floor... Thats what caused about 20 to walk out I understand...
Main comment from this area was "No Bison"..... Someone suggested that since buffalo used to roam the Helena area that they turn them lose in the Helena valley and let them roam up Last Chance Gulch past the capitol building ... :wink:

I had a chance to get together a couple weeks ago with several local ranchers- who most fear that down the line-- maybe 20-30 years we will probably lose much of the bison battle.. The green groups are coming back in with larger and larger offers to buy folks out... Rumor running rampant around the area is that a large local ranch co-owned by a local and some Kansas folks have already struck a deal to sell out to them... It would be land in the Missouri breaks that would be near that south of Malta they have already made into a bison range...
A couple years ago the bison range folks made an offer to a local grazing association to buy them out...They turned it down- altho some members were in favor of it...And as these ranchers age- if more of the younger members don't take over their shares- with the increasing price offers- eventually they may buy them out... If all that went thru- they would have bison range from Fort Peck Lake to Robinson Bridge south of Malta...

Also more and more folks trying to put their land under conservation easements- which with the restrictions that usually accompany those giving the greeny groups an inside track at buying them...
These International Greeny Weeny groups have unlimited amounts of money...

on the 16th you said you sat and talked with a former senator on town for the meeting. and you forgot the meeting??

Hummmmmmm must have spent too long in the waterhole again..... your lies just get deeper and deeper, and easier to spot :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oldtimer said:
ranch hand said:

These International Greeny Weeny groups have unlimited amounts of money...and will freely give it to Obama to help him be re-elected.

There, fixed it for ya..................................

Environmental Groups Endorse Obama

Sierra Club, Environment America, League of Conservation Voters, and Clean Water Action jointly endorse the president

By Brian Greene
April 19, 2012 RSS Feed Print

Sunday is Earth Day, and in the spirit of celebrating the Earth's natural environment, four national environmental groups--Sierra Club, Environment America, League of Conservation Voters, and Clean Water Action--jointly announced endorsements of President Obama on Thursday.

Latest posts