• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

On a Good Note

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I see cull cows are way up. Vale report said the bulk of cows sold for 72-80 cents with the top at 84.50. Heck shelly thin cows listed at 55 to 66 cents. And last week on Superior feeders sold real well.
If the cow market stays up like this for a month my old broken mouth cow deal will pay like a slot machine. A 1,200 pound cow at 75 cents pays the purchase price and the vast majority of the feed. I will have the calves with almost nothing into them. I will have to look for tax deductions.

High bulls were up to $1.08 at a couple of local sales around here and I did hear of a few packer cows bringing 81 cents

I hope it stays up for ya. But I think the cow market for culls is about to tank. Lots of guys culling hard/selling out here.
I am thinking (hoping and praying) that it will stay up for a while. The country is eating a lot of hamburger. I do agree with Big Muddy that a lot of cows will go to town with the calves. That will start causing a slide in mid September through November. That is what my reliable crystal ball says (insert more hoping and praying).

Good fleshy bulls brought over a dollar in Salina Utah this week. And cows brought .75 in the same condition. I hope it stays that way for ya Webfoot. But there is an avalanche of cattle fixing to hit the market. It's just a matter of the timing.

I see cull cows are way up. Vale report said the bulk of cows sold for 72-80 cents with the top at 84.50. Heck shelly thin cows listed at 55 to 66 cents. And last week on Superior feeders sold real well.
If the cow market stays up like this for a month my old broken mouth cow deal will pay like a slot machine. A 1,200 pound cow at 75 cents pays the purchase price and the vast majority of the feed. I will have the calves with almost nothing into them. I will have to look for tax deductions.
Lol, I feel like we are competing 140 mikes apart. I've been growing purchasing butcher cows and keeping the good breds. I'm fortunate enough to not worry about the sell market though.

Latest posts