• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

On porcupines and pitbulls....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Had this emailed to me and had to share. I've pulled quills out of my dogs before, but this takes the cake.
image002.jpg

image001.jpg

OH MAN~!!! Looks like he realllllllllllly wanted to be a porcupine for Halloween!!!!

OUCH OUCH OUCH~!!!

Look at it this way, Least the needle that they give the shot with won't hurt as bad as that!!!!

ANy dod that darned dumb needs 130 grains of pain reliever-porkies get it if we see them here-can really mess a cowherd up too if they get rolling one around.

Ow and Wow. Looks like one expensive vet bill.

And one dumb dog. A smart dog comes home with maybe one quill at most. 8)

I've had the pleasure of de-quilling a pit bull. She wasn't quite this bad, but not far off. Some dogs, as soon as they get the first quill, just snap, and get right in there for revenge. They figure, "You hurt me, so I'll hurt you back". It doesn't work that way. :?

Quite often this is the kind of dog that'll go out and do it all over again. :shock:

Kato said:

I've had the pleasure of de-quilling a pit bull. She wasn't quite this bad, but not far off. Some dogs, as soon as they get the first quill, just snap, and get right in there for revenge. They figure, "You hurt me, so I'll hurt you back". It doesn't work that way. :?

Quite often this is the kind of dog that'll go out and do it all over again. :shock:

Ill bet they put that dog down,damn porpupines,I have pulled a few quills myself,and have had to pull em outa bulls.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Kato said:

Ill bet they put that dog down,damn porpupines,I have pulled a few quills myself,and have had to pull em outa bulls.............good luck

Hope they did and also hope nobody posts anymore on this thread. That picture turns my stomach and I've got a pretty tough one.

We had a black and tan coon hound once that was the best porkypine dog ever! We didn't have coons much up home for her to bay, so she naturally went ever the next thing....porkypine. she would never get a quill in her, except one time when she got older and tangled up in some 5 foot tall clover and fell on top of the critter...had to pull a few out then, but she would bay them and circle them on the ground until we got there. She would also bay rattle snakes. She found several around the house and bayed them till someone came to kill them. So when she bayed ya never knew what she would have.....she got skunks to, but they always managed to spray her! haha

Had to deal with an Australian Shepherd yesterday who had grabbed a baby porcupine, (the worst kind to get because the quills are so small), and must have had well over a hundred quills all around and inside his mouth.

It took an hour to get them all, but we got them. He'll be eating soft food for a day or two! :roll:

Kato said:
Had to deal with an Australian Shepherd yesterday who had grabbed a baby porcupine, (the worst kind to get because the quills are so small), and must have had well over a hundred quills all around and inside his mouth.

It took an hour to get them all, but we got them. He'll be eating soft food for a day or two! :roll:
Did you anesthetize him for the ordeal poor thing?

Latest posts