• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

On the Hunt for a Milk Cow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
If anyone has one, or knows of one in Alberta or Western Saskatchewan, I'd like to get another. Our old Brown Swiss wants someone to keep her company.

I'd prefer Br. Swiss, Jersey, Ayrshire, Guernsey, Canadienne - basically anything but a Holstein. LOL Nothing with bad quarters or feet - yes I'm picky, and I'm willing to pay to get a good one.

Thanks.

If you can't find a friend for your Brown Swiss I would be willing to buy her from you thus solving your problem. :)

Well it was kind of a selfish thought, my wife would like a milk cow and I know if it was acceptable to you it would work well for me. :wink:

Now I know you two guys are cracked...:shock: I never met anyone that wanted a milk cow before.
I will keep my ears open.

cowsense said:
RSL said:
Now I know you two guys are cracked...:shock: I never met anyone that wanted a milk cow before.

Gotta agree big time..........everyone knows that milk comes from the store!!!

:shock: :wink: :lol:

No doubt we go thru about 10 gallons a week and there's no way I'd want a milk cow. We had one as a kid I'd spend my gopher trapping money on milk from the neighbor just so we could let the cow raise a calf..

Don't get me wrong it is my wife that wants a cow and I thought a cow that was gentle enough for Purecountry and works well under his regime maybe I could tolerate a cow like that.

Well, I won't one to. A brown swiss and I've saved my gopher money. I also won't a milk maid and a butter churn. The maid has to be well learned in cheese makein and butter churnein. Also, I like a little clabber now an then. I would like her to be able the yoddle and clog to.

Good luck. I've been looking for a Jersey or GuernseyXJersey too.

they can keep the holsteins. Had a cross one kick me clean out of the milking pen. No more.

My hubby bless his heart..... His family used to milk cows. And I think he gets the fever to milk a cow.. I could never figure it out, but if I'm gone for the day during calving and one of the boys are home, he'll have a cow in to milk out for some reason or another... Took me 23 years to figure this one out... And he can put a beautiful foam on the top.. sometimes 8 inches tall or more.. amazing....

[/quote]Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck. I've been looking for a Jersey or GuernseyXJersey too.

I have a full blooded Jersey I would sell. She calved in March. North of Billings 60 miles

Latest posts