• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

On the Hunt for a Milk Cow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I have a source for dairy stock if anyone is interested and I'm also in the market for some too. I've got a new experiment I'm working on with jerseys and raising bum calves. The guy I buy stock from gets them in Ca. I've been thinking abouy making a trip back home to N.E. Tx to pick up some stock also. I just need to get some orders to help defray costs.

Anyone in Alberta/Sask interested in a milk cow, let me know. I found a reliable source with several for sale. Old family friends I had forgotten about that raise Jerseys.
Prices are $500-1200, depending on age, quarters, feet, etc.

I just got up the nerve. She said as long as she was biger than me it would work. I had all hopes of gettin me a little sweetish gal that aint spoke much english but new all about milk and such. That way, I'd learn her and she'd learn me. If I get me a big old gal, I might just get some of my big baged cracker cows for her to break to milk. We'll get us a fridirater and freezer. I got a little honda generater. And we can ride around sellin out the back of my truck. Us a yodalin and gazoo playin and such.

Watch that gazoo around the milk. I've heard say that if they ain't played right it'll curdle the milk and make poor yogurt instead of butter . . .

:wink:

cowhunter said:
I just got up the nerve. She said as long as she was biger than me it would work. I had all hopes of gettin me a little sweetish gal that aint spoke much english but new all about milk and such. That way, I'd learn her and she'd learn me. If I get me a big old gal, I might just get some of my big baged cracker cows for her to break to milk. We'll get us a fridirater and freezer. I got a little honda generater. And we can ride around sellin out the back of my truck. Us a yodalin and gazoo playin and such.

I got a hunch that life is not dull in your house cowhunter. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts