• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

On the road

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
So yesterday I was on highway 30 headed to the post office. I met a young rancher headed the other direction on a quad. He had his #2 daughter (about 5) sitting in front of him. Pretty quick I saw another quad pull on to the road following him. I thought here comes his wife. I was wrong. It was his oldest daughter (7 or 8). On a full size quad. Wearing a cowboy hat, pony tail flying in the wind. With 3 cow dogs riding on the back of the quad. You might live in ranch country if you see scenes like this with some regularity.

I don't think there is any might about it hahaha! That is ranch country.
Well lets compare this scene to one in town. Girl on full size quad with arms stretched out as wide as she can reach to get to the end of the handle bars. City girl. Riding a small bicycle with training wheels. Ranch girl doing 20 mph down a paved road wearing a cowboy hat. City girl doing 5 mph on the sidewalk wearing a crash helmet. Ranch girl 200-300 yards behind Dad going fast to catch up. City girl with parent 10 feet away constantly telling her to be careful. Ranch girl. Three cow dogs riding on the back of the quad. City girl. A yappy toy poddle following along behind. Actually the dog on a leash held by parent.

We had a USFS non-law enforcement employee read me the riot act because my 16 year old son didn't have a helmet while driving an ATV on our elk hunt. After he finished his diatribe, I firmly told him I didn't give a flying monkey crap about his asinine rules and to either write me a ticket or shut the hell up. He drove away in a huff.

We had a USFS non-law enforcement employee read me the riot act because my 16 year old son didn't have a helmet while driving an ATV on our elk hunt. After he finished his diatribe, I firmly told him I didn't give a flying monkey crap about his asinine rules and to either write me a ticket or shut the hell up. He drove away in a huff.
Did he carry a gun , and if he did was, he allowed bullets :)

He wasn't a gun packing tree cop. He was an overbearing dumb ass who needed to prove how cool he was to the wrong guy. I probably hurt his poor little feelings. I'm a jerk
We already knew that you are a jerk. Hurting the feelings of some poor forest circus employee. You should be ashamed of yourself. Back in the fall after St Helen blew its top I told a forest circus employee that he was educated beyond his ability to think. But he had it coming and I don't think he understood what I said anyway.

I doubt that. I don't wanna be accidentally associated with you ruffians.
And we were beginning to have hope for you........ You know that one of the requirements to be considered a rancher is having the ability to tell off a government employee. Extra points available based on the number of four letter words used. Bonus points if you can say the same thing without using four letter word or expressing emotion ie: I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

And we were beginning to have hope for you........ You know that one of the requirements to be considered a rancher is having the ability to tell off a government employee. Extra points available based on the number of four letter words used. Bonus points if you can say the same thing without using four letter word or expressing emotion ie: I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
You have to be able to count to four first…………..

Just act like those Previn sheep herders, pull your floppy hat down tight and answer every question with "I speak no Englese" :)
Great plan. No federal employee wants to be considered a racist. If he replies in Spanish. Don't speak that either. Become a direct descendant of a Navajo code talker. That is sure to stump them.

Latest posts