• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

One combine down.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Tonight around 7:30 we were combining wheat with our two international rotary combines and one caught fire. Looks to be electrical but we are uncertain at this time. Down to one combine for the rest of harvest as this one is destroyed. What luck we have. :( Will post pictures tomorrow.

Holy s***, you're having a BAD year! I'll bet you'll be glad to see 2005 come to an end! But at least you're combining. We've been put on hold again because of rain again yesterday. We might get going again Thursday or Friday. The bit of peas we did manage to get off are yielding quite well, between 55 and 60 bushels to the acre.

Peas around here are yielding between 2 and 15 bushels per acre. The wheat we are in right now seems to yielding fairly good and bushel weight is right up there at 64 lbs per bushel.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, Manitoba_Rancher. Even though it was Tuesday, this day after Labor Day seemed like a "Monday" around this outfit. I bought some hay from a neighbor, and the hay hauler came to move some of it. He has a long truck bed with chains, and can load 29 bales at a time. They are piled in two rows of ten, with nine more along the top. He backs under the load, and upon arrival at his destination just lowers the bed and drives out from underneath the pile of bales. It works pretty slick, but on his second load, a beam got bent and broke. My son did benefit from a welding job, and it only took a little over an hour to have the truck back in full working order.

My personal bad luck came because of the old axiom "haste makes waste". I took our gooseneck flatbed trailer to town to bring home a 4020 John Deere that had been in for repair. On the way down, after following a slow moving truck over several hills, going 55 mph, I finally had opportunity to pass on a straight-away. Got my diesel wound up and it was rolling like never before, when just as I topped the next hill, what should appear but a car with a bubble on top which caused me a tear. :cry2:

The law occifer claimed I was going 81 when I topped the hill, and since I didn't argue he was kind and only put down "76" on the ticket. Nevertheless, it was a $119 mistake ($75 fine plus $44 court costs). It just goes to prove that if a feller (me) is going to be dumb, he'd better be tough. But it still hurts. :???: :(

Rectum stretcher
> >> >
> >> >While she was "flying" down the road yesterday (10
> >> >miles over the limit), a woman passed over a
> >> >bridge only to find a cop with a radar gun on the other
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >side lying in wait.
> >> >
> >> >The cop pulled her over, walked up to the car, and with
> >> >that classic patronizing smirk we all know and love, asked,
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >"What's your hurry?" To which she replied, "I'm late for work."
> >> >"Oh yeah," said the cop, "what do you do?"
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >"I'm a rectum stretcher," she responded.The cop stammered,
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >"A what? A rectum stretcher? And just what does a rectum
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >stretcher do?"
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Well," she said, "I start by inserting one finger, then
> >> >I work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >with my whole hand in I work from side to side until I
> >> >can get both hands in, and then slowly but surely stretch, until it's
> >> >about 6 feet wide.">
> >> >
> >> >"And just what the hell do you do with a 6 foot asshole?" he asked.
> >> >"You
> >> >give him a radar gun and park him behind a bridge..."
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Traffic Ticket $95.00
> >> >Court Costs. $45.00
> >> >The Look on Cop's Face. PRICELESS
> >
> >
> >

Manitoba,
When it rains it pours... We have combines and they are so easy to burn. It happens to everyone. Just be thankful no one was hurt. I always figure this is God's way of giving us charecter and I guarentee you have a bunch of it....YOu should be able to handle anything..

Latest posts