• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

One of my new horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
IMG_20121010_131131.jpg

I posted here awhile back that I was about horseless. I have had lots of ideas PM'd to me, and probably should have followed up on a couple that both Soap and JFRanch have, but instead went to a horse sale in Valentine on Saturday. I came home with a 12 year old mare, a to young to wean filly, and a 4 year old gelding. The gelding rides out pretty nice, but needs LOTS of wet blankets.

IMG_20121010_131217.jpg

I will get some pictures of the girls here in a couple days. The mare had been started as a 3 year old, and is 12 now. I am going to try here this winter.

Through my amateur eyes, he looks good LazyWp. What's the term "wet blankets" mean? And what happened to Frog?

Frog has a split in the sole of his foot. Doesn't seem to bother him unless I ride him, so hopefully by spring he will be healed back up. Wet blankets means that he needs lots of rides, so he can learn something. He is pretty small, for me anyway. Hopefully he puts on a couple hundred pounds.

Well we shipped the river cows out today.. The new horse "Oscar" did pretty well from what I saw. Other than he wouldn't cross the wood foot bridge, even with some encouragement.. And he was pretty sure he wasn't crossing the river till I dallied off to him with my "Blue" horse.. He kinda had no choice than to cross the river.. Nick didnt want to get his feet wet (short horse), so he walked across the bridge while I drug his horse across the river.. :) He is a traveller, and has lots of energy, so I think he'll make a horse yet.. Needs LOTS of miles.
Kbar2 was there and tried to take some pics, but his phone died, so there's no evidence.. :)

Its made by Heritage Saddlery out of Red Lodge Montana. Lisa has one just like it, but 8 years older. My only complaint with it is he flattened out the ground seat on mine more then on hers. Comes from guys complaining about "nut busters". I would still rather it had the deeper seat like hers.

Latest posts