• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

one question on Bundy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

farmguy

Reaction score
I let things calm down. I have only one question. Call it biased if you will but I would like an answer, if there is one. I read the Taylor grazing act of 1934. In 315B the law states that granting of a permit creates no right, estate or interest to the land. How did that go to what we have now where you must buy a permit and an interest or privilege is supposedly conveyed.

Look up the definition of a privilege. And I make no claim to the land. Only the forage.

farmguy said:
I let things calm down. I have only one question. Call it biased if you will but I would like an answer, if there is one. I read the Taylor grazing act of 1934. In 315B the law states that granting of a permit creates no right, estate or interest to the land. How did that go to what we have now where you must buy a permit and an interest or privilege is supposedly conveyed.

Farmguy- I too am interested to find when the government started allowing grazing allotments allocated under the Taylor Grazing Act to be sold- and where the law authorizing that is...
I've never known- but have been told conflicting stories over the years- but never saw anything in writing... Was it just a practice that took hold and now exists because of precedence ?

Maybe someone knows and can direct us to that law...

Latest posts