• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ongoing Tribute to Our Mothers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
I just realized Mother's Day is not until May 13th; but I would like to open this post to everyone who would like to share with us something special about your Mother.

I can't imagine the hole that a Mother leaves in the heart of her children, when she is no longer with us on Earth, but in God's kingdom. Somehow, I believe that a Mother never "leaves" us completely because she will always remain in our minds and her love will be rooted in the depths of our hearts.

I will check back soon with my story...

Best,
SB

Mom has been in the home Nursing home for almost a year. It will be the first time that she hasn't been with us for Mother's Day. At 90 years old she has seen many changes in life. From being raise up in small towns the daughter of a store keeper to living in the big city of Toronto to being a secretary for Hudson motors in Tilbury Ontario where she met my Dad.
The her life really changed. They had planned on going to the Ottawa Valley in Ont. to run a saw mill for my Grandfather but on their honeymoon in 1947 they got to the Calgary Stampede and decide to stay out west and help run the ranch my grandfather had acquired in 1937. From town life to living on a isolated ranch, from having a grandmother living with and doing most of the cooking to feeding a haying crew. Mom adapted to it well.She was a precise book keeper for the ranch as well her and Dad managed a few of the early cattle auction in southern Sk. She rode a bucking horse up main street of Big Beaver during the centennial day parade of 1967,drove alot of muddy roads and miles of hiway when we had to live away from the ranch for school.She put up with alot of "stuff" from school and Boy Scout projects to me trying to tan a hide in the basement. :roll:
I could go on and I don't really know how to end this, it is hard to see the person that you spent so much time with and shaped your life just slipping away. I guess my consolation is knowing the Mom will be going to a better place where she will be reunited with her family and be there to keep me in line when I get there.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mom has been in the home Nursing home for almost a year. It will be the first time that she hasn't been with us for Mother's Day. At 90 years old she has seen many changes in life. From being raise up in small towns the daughter of a store keeper to living in the big city of Toronto to being a secretary for Hudson motors in Tilbury Ontario where she met my Dad.
The her life really changed. They had planned on going to the Ottawa Valley in Ont. to run a saw mill for my Grandfather but on their honeymoon in 1947 they got to the Calgary Stampede and decide to stay out west and help run the ranch my grandfather had acquired in 1937. From town life to living on a isolated ranch, from having a grandmother living with and doing most of the cooking to feeding a haying crew. Mom adapted to it well.She was a precise book keeper for the ranch as well her and Dad managed a few of the early cattle auction in southern Sk. She rode a bucking horse up main street of Big Beaver during the centennial day parade of 1967,drove alot of muddy roads and miles of hiway when we had to live away from the ranch for school.She put up with alot of "stuff" from school and Boy Scout projects to me trying to tan a hide in the basement. :roll:
I could go on and I don't really know how to end this, it is hard to see the person that you spent so much time with and shaped your life just slipping away. I guess my consolation is knowing the Mom will be going to a better place where she will be reunited with her family and be there to keep me in line when I get there.

"BMR,"
Thank you for sharing about the great things that your Mother did throughout her life with us. It sounds like she is a remarkable lady.

I understand about seeing a family member "slipping" away and feeling like we can't do anything to slow it down and keep them with us longer. All we can do is keep enjoying them every second we get with them, and nurture the memories we already have of them, and continue to create.

Hope your week is going well.
SB

Big Muddy rancher said:

"BMR,"
Thank you for sharing about the great things that your Mother did throughout her life with us. It sounds like she is a remarkable lady.

I understand about seeing a family member "slipping" away and feeling like we can't do anything to slow it down and keep them with us longer. All we can do is keep enjoying them every second we get with them, and nurture the memories we already have of them, and continue to create.

Hope your week is going well.
SB

Latest posts