• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Online Scam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liveoak

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to sell a motorcycle and I listed it on the internet. This person contacts me by email, asks normal questions about the bike. I send more pictures etc and then I get this email from them:

"Am very excited with the condition. This is what i will do in term of payment, I have a secretary in the state i will instruct him to make out a cashier's check or a money Transfer to you in the amount of the item and as soon as you get the payment cashed,you will deduct your money and handover my balance to my shipping broker. I think this payment method is okay by you. So get back to me with your contact information,ASAP because i also have some other goods to pickup in the state.Get back to me with your contact info for payment processing."

Thanks

Tell him to show up in person with cash. :shock: :shock: :shock:

A couple of days after you cash the cheque you will probably find that it has bounced. Meanwhile he has your cash and your bike and he is gone.

This type of scam has been being used with folks selling horses or cattle too for the last several years....One scenerio was giving you extra money in the cashiers check to pay the trucking- then you pay the trucker for them- and when it all ends up the check is no good- and you are out your livestock and the trucking fee....

I sent him an email to have his "broker" show up with U.S. currency - no checks of any kind.

hometowngurl said:
sounds like a snake to me, but don't want to insult the snake :!: :!: :roll: :lol: :p what kind of bike, hubby and I are alookin'

Never heard from the guy again after I told him "cash only".

It's a 2005 Harley Softail. But, if your looking to do some long range cruising, ya'll might want to consider a Goldwing as it has a lot more creature comforts. Used bike prices are down right now - good time to buy!

thanks, we are looking for a Goldwind trike but nothing yet, something nice but a few years old. harleys are alittle too loud for this old country girl. good luck selling it did you try e-bay? :wink: 8)

Kato said:
There is no bike that sounds as nice as that old Harley rumble........ :D 8)

That's true Kato!! But, after 10 hours of straight open-raod cruising, one has to decide if the sweet sound of the Harley outweighs the suffering - loss of hearing, total vibration of the body. The Wing is quiet, very smooth riding, heated seats, heated hand grips, 8 speaker surround sound, GPS, foot warmers, backrest etc. I'll make you a great deal on the Softail!!

Latest posts