• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Open Fields Doctrine on Derry Brownfield today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
I'm no Derry Brownfield fan, but I'm darn sure going to listen to his show today. He comes on KBHB 810 out of Sturgis, SD at 10:00.

Larry Nelson and Robert Johnson, South Dakota Stockgrowers,
Guest on Derry Brownfield Show Tuesday, April 19th!

Tune in to Derry Brownfield Tuesday, April 19, 2005, from 10 - 11 AM CST to hear his guests, South Dakota Stockgrowers Association Director Larry Nelson and Member Robert Johnson discuss the Open Field Doctrine and property rights.

Larry, Bob and SDSGA have dedicated years to the passage of state legislation that would require game wardens to obtain permission before entering private property.

The administration has so far blocked efforts to champion property rights in South Dakota

Everyone may listen to the show here:
http://www.BrownfieldNetwork.com/asp/asx.asp?listen=848

The live stream is only available 10:06-11:00 AM CST or 11:06-12:00 EST Monday through Friday

"New Shortwave Radio Frequency" Listen on WWCR 12.160
10:06a -11a (Central) Monday thru Friday

LB posted,"Larry, Bob and SDSGA have dedicated years to the passage of state legislation that would require game wardens to obtain permission before entering private property. "

Sorry LB, but I think that it's more along the lines that we want them to have a valid reason to come onto the land. Like probable cause. No law enforcement official needs permission if they have a warrant or probable cause.

If they asked it would be nice, but maybe impracatcle if/when they were trying to apprehend some law breaking scoundrel. :wink:

Lord knows we can't have all of this unsupervised killing of deer and wildlife going on, when all of the numbers are so low! :wink:

And GF&P knows that all landholders will kill anything that moves if given a chance. :wink:

We have to save the wildlife for all of those nice hunters who would starve to death if they didn't have wild game to eat! :wink:

Enough of this, or I might just miss hearing them folks on Derry's show. Thanks for the headfs up, LB. Glad to see your 'puter is up and running or that you found another one to post this.

You're right about that the CO should have probable cause before coming on to private property without permission. If he bothered to ask for my permission before he needed it, we wouldn't be having this problem and the CO could get on with his business. It's when he makes my private property his business instead of MY business that we have the conflict.

I don't know what Macon did, but he got this up and running for us last night and I'm still trying to get everything read to see what I've missed. Glad to be back.

Open fields doctrine has passed constitutional muster, but what SD game thugs call "OFD" is nothinbg like the "OFD" approved through the courts.

What the courts define as "open fields doctrine" (OFD) goes to supression of evidence. If evidence is gathered illegally on (open fields) private property, "OFD" says the evidence is not surpressed. There is 1 decision from a federal court in illinois that mentions a possible civil remedy for private property owners that are trespassed upon.

The government at work in the McGovern state got all liquored up qnd deduced, "what the hell, if the evidence is allowed anyway, let's extend the state's power to be able to trespass on open fields stomping arround looking for violations. We'll even call our version "Open Fields Doctrine" so the simple 60% of the population are clueless."

Brad

I just loved the "McGovern State" part of that posting! :D

Man, thats a hell of a thing to have to be associated with!

Suppose when Dashle makes a run then it'll be the "Dashle State" ?

Sure wish they would have split the Dakot's north and south instead of east and west. The east has the majority of the liberals and the west has all the pretty country! :lol:

Oops! Now I'll probably get a butt chewin' from some "east riverite" who thinks I'm dissin' his side of the state!

Jinglebob said:
Brad

I just loved the "McGovern State" part of that posting! :D

Man, thats a hell of a thing to have to be associated with!

Suppose when Dashle makes a run then it'll be the "Dashle State" ?

Sure wish they would have split the Dakot's north and south instead of east and west. The east has the majority of the liberals and the west has all the pretty country! :lol:

Oops! Now I'll probably get a butt chewin' from some "east riverite" who thinks I'm dissin' his side of the state!

Or, as an east river politician once told us: "the money and power are east of the river and that's they way it's gonna stay!"

But, on average, the e.r. residents are pretty darn much like the w.r. ones, pretty good people. Some on both sides of that river are just a little too easily lead by people who tell them what they want to hear about the cattle/beef industry. (just an observation having little to do with this thread)

MRJ

Sorry SD ranchers, that McGovern state slur was not very nice. Eastern SD is real close to the LaFollett/Gompers part of Minnesota, and that is Communist central. I can't knock the independant minded, honest Dakote Democrat, but they sure don't have much in common with the national Democratic party.

Brad S said:
Sorry SD ranchers, that McGovern state slur was not very nice. Eastern SD is real close to the LaFollett/Gompers part of Minnesota, and that is Communist central. I can't knock the independant minded, honest Dakote Democrat, but they sure don't have much in common with the national Democratic party.

Maybe you should say the Twin Cities instead of Minnesota. It's similar to MRJ's post on SD, with a power base in a certain area. It's fustrating sometimes some of the crap that comes out of St Paul when if a person looks at the map of the last two presidential elections Minnesota was mostly a red state for Bush. In this region where I'm at, republicans carry by two to one. At least we got a conservative govenor and U.S. senator. The democrat senator is not running again because he knows he doesn't have a chance. Republicans should carry that one too.

Narrow the commie stuff to the Twin Cities and I'll agree wholeheartedly.

Ya know, I can kind of understand that commie liberel stuff coming out of colleges, as that is who teaches at them it seems. And I can see it coming out of Hollywood, because them people play pretend all the time and don't really live in the real world. But what I can't understand is people who are business owners such as farmers and ranchers, who believe in that stuff.

I'm not saying that the conservative side has all the right answers but as Ann Coulter put it, "All liberels, seem to hate America" and it sure seems so.

My son went to college for 4 years in Winona, MN and is now doing his last 4 in ST Paul. When he calls or comes home and tells about the thoughts and things that are taught on college campus's, it just makes me wonder. Hopefully most will "sort the chaff from the straw".

Latest posts