• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Opinions wanted, please

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
We have a propane fired grill. We thought we wanted to change it
to Natural gas so it never runs out and we don't have to
run to town and fill it, ever. And of course natural gas is much
cheaper to use. BUT, the conversion kit is $155!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, one-hundred and fifty-five dollars!! :shock:

So, in your opinion would it be worth it in the long run? We really
don't use it all that much, but sure like it at times.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Now that both your knees are fixed you could go back to wood for a camp fire. :wink:

Depends on how much you use it FH, sounds like it would be worth it for time and effort saved.

how much will you save with how much you use the grill? if it pays for itself go ahead and do it.

But then I just bought my first grill LOL and didnt even pay that for the grill :lol: :lol:

To me it would be worth it, as it never runs out until I am in the middle of a meal. Then I have to make a special run to the store to fill it. I would save enough on car fuel from special trips, plus the pain in the butt of running out when I need it.

Thanks for your input everyone. Clarence, the grill we have is fairly
new, like 2 years old and it's a Napoleon-quite a nice grill.
OD/NT I printed your info off for Mr. FH to read. It does sound
like we are getting ripped off and that upsets me, because we are
dealing with the people who sold us the grill!

Just buy another 20 pound propane tank and keep it filled. If you run out just switch tanks. Costs lots less that the conversion deal and eliminates extra trips to town. Get your tank filled at the propane dealer and not a quick trip store where they charge an arm and a leg. I fill my tank for less than $15.

nenmrancher said:
Have you talked to your local gas company? I know our propane company will come out and install and if needed will change new appliances from natural gas to propane.

That is the best thing to do or call a local plumber and heating guy as they might have the fittings you need on hand.
Switch to natural gas it FH you will love it especially if you like to do pulled pork or brisket on your BBQ, you never have to worry about running out of propane half way through with a house full of guests. :roll:

nenmrancher said:
Have you talked to your local gas company? I know our propane company will come out and install and if needed will change new appliances from natural gas to propane.

That is the best thing to do or call a local plumber and heating guy as they might have the fittings you need on hand.
Switch to natural gas it FH you will love it especially if you like to do pulled pork or brisket on your BBQ, you never have to worry about running out of propane half way through with a house full of guests. :roll:

I thought about the two propane tanks. I thought that would work,
but Mr. FH is doing what OD/NT link said to do. But we need a
hose and I never thought of a heating/plumbing store. Thanks for
that info, hillsdown.

I called our gas company (MDU) and they do not carry any fittings nor do they install anything. I remember when they used to carry appliances, even.
Time sure has changed things.

Thanks for the link OD/NT. I'll let you know if he blows up. :wink:

Latest posts