• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ordered me a digital camera today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
If I can learn how to use it I will post a picture of the prettiest cow dog in Texas...............good luck

Broke Cowboy said:
Perhaps you will grace us with a pic of you in your rocker enjoying an amber libation?

B.C.

Yup maybe,every body is so busy around here ,most of the ole coots I like to visit are all busy cuttin,baling or hauling but I suspect it will slow down soon,then plenty of time for front porch and story telling maybe a few pictures.

Good! We'll be watching for it.

BTW, what kind of camera did you order and how did you know which one to get?

I bought one for Christmas, used it a bit and misplaced it. One day I happened to run across it. Went through the house hollering that "I found the camera..."

and I haven't seen it since.

Faster horses said:

I bought one for Christmas, used it a bit and misplaced it. One day I happened to run across it. Went through the house hollering that "I found the camera..."

I was going to tell Haymaker that I hope he keeps better track of his camera then Faster horses does. :lol:

Faster horses said:

I had some friends stay over the week end and one of the ladies had a cannon 510,it took good pictures and was simple to use so I ordered me one................good luck

My dear wifey gave me a nice digital camera for Father's Day. It is a pocket-sized Sony, measuring 3.75" x 2.5" x 3/8", and is 5.1 megapixels with a 3x zoom. It's handy to carry along, and should cheapen up picture taking compared with using a 35mm and having the expense of film and developing. Wish we had a satellite system so it wouldn't take so long to put photos on the web. Maybe someday.

Sorry for the confusion, faster horses. Guess what I was referring to was a satellite internet, or at least high speed internet. That we don't have, but we are on DishTV.

Our internet speed is 9.6 Kbps., which is not too speedy. :(

I got an Olympus C-740 in March with a 10X optical zoom it's awesome_I've probably taken 2,000 pics with it already-it's always on the pickup seat with me. Taken some really great pics with it already.

Northern Rancher said:
I got an Olympus C-740 in March with a 10X optical zoom it's awesome_I've probably taken 2,000 pics with it already-it's always on the pickup seat with me. Taken some really great pics with it already.

That's what I want something that zooms to about 10X but IM gonna try out this cannon with 4X first see how it works before I get a nice one,I dont know if this ole slow dial up will even let me post pictures..........good luck

Panasonic makes a camera it's the DMC FZ 10that has a 12X optical zoom plus antishake technology so you don't need a tripod-it's the next one on my wish list. One thing digitals are going to good for is range monitoring-I take a picture of each pasture move in and out. Imagine how interesting it will be to compare dates and grass growth from year to year.

HAY MAKER said:
Northern Rancher said:

That's what I want something that zooms to about 10X but IM gonna try out this cannon with 4X first see how it works before I get a nice one,I dont know if this ole slow dial up will even let me post pictures..........good luck

HAY MAKER, I'm not much help with the details, but I'll bet there are more than a few people on here that can tell you how to compress your pics so that they are faster to download and up load .

We have the same issue with dialup. We have friends in Oregon that keep sending us a kazillion megabyte pics . . . :?

almost got the daughter a nice little "package deal" for her 16th birthday last week (chickened out and got her a beautiful "promise" ring instead :wink: ) at K-Mart (yep....big spender, here!)....it was the little camera with the picture dock! Anyone know anything about these??? are they worth the money or should i just stick to my cheap little 35 mm!!?? :???:

Northern Rancher said:
I see Canon just came out with a 12X image stabilized camera al;so.

where did you see that 12X canon at Northern Rancher?...............good luck

ranchwife, was that a Kodak you got? If so, that is what I bought to replace the one I lost. This one was $299, but then I saw one for $199. Different mexapixals is one reason for the price difference. I am scared to unpack mine, because sure as I do, the lost one will turn up. Then what will I do with 2 digital cameras?

I too have a sony cybershot like soapweed. This camera is incredibly easy to use with lots of zoom for my liking. I have been doing all of my research on coat colour in cattle so I have 1000s of pictures since Christmas time. This camera is incredibly easy to download and have all of the pictures on my computer and anyone elses for that matter.

It wasn't until this weekend that I tried to send some pictures of sale heifers that I realized what a pain dial up is for uplaoding pictures. I think I sat for about half an hour trying to upload one on to three different e-mail services with absolutely no sucess. So I brought my pictures back to the city with me and it took no time at all to send the pictures on high speed.

The one thing I worry about on this camera is that it takes up alot of battery power when running the smaller LCD screen and at the 5.1 megapixel range alot of your memory card is used with only a small number of pictures. It does give you easy ways to reduce the size of the picture you are taking and really these pictures are just as good at the 5x7 size anyways.

As far as price goes, Mom bought it for me for Christmas and was going way out of her range but figured you get what you pay for so she went the long haul. With a 128 memory card I think it was around 449.00 Canadian. Mom didn't put it on her visa so I wanted to return it and pay for it so I could get double the warranty after christmas and in that time the Camera went down approx. 130 and the memory card was another 15. So slowly the prices are going to be more manageable thats for sure!

All in all I love this camera... there are so many different options that you can pick these days but this is a very simple point and shoot camera for beginners!

I don't know very much about this subject, but just yesterday I was told that if you don't use your screen to take pictures, just use the viewfinder, that it would save your batteries, big time.

Does that make sense, or did I not repeat it correctly? Let me know, as I can find out again from the person the correct terminology.

Latest posts