• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our turn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
The super secret goomboo bug made a return trip to the H's. Littlest H had it a long ways back and only had really mild symptoms. Mrs H is fighting it this time around. She had a bad fever at 103 Sunday but it has moderated some. Bad cough but O2 staying above 95 so far. I make her drink so much she looks at me like she'd enjoy using vice grips on some tender parts of my anatomy 😳. But she keep drinking water and I have hidden all the tools , guns and knives. Would appreciate y'all keeping her in your prayers. So far me and Littlest H have avoided catching it. I attribute that to my superior genes and toughness but nobody tell Mrs H that please. I heard a rumor that covid only effects folks who are highly intelligent but AOC getting it disproves that quickly. Anyway, we will take great care of the best woman ever and keep y'all posted.

Prayers for Mrs H and a quick recovery. At the risk of sounding sexist, women seem to get it worse than man. I know of 6 couples including us where the wife had a solid case of it and the husband just has the sniffles. When my wife had it she took imovec every day. The apple flavored horse paste form. Don't know how much it helped but at least she doesn't have worms.

Well good news for an update. My sweetheart is doing much better. Fever broke and she is feeling a ton better. Even got up early to send the kid out today on his way to a wrestling tournament. The hardest part for her has been trying to relax and let me do stuff. Can't say as I blame her though as I'm bad at most everything. But she seems to be coming right along and I shouldn't have to send her to the cull pen 🤠
Me and littlest H have either already had in without symptoms or we got passed by. Little H is still at college and is fine too

So glad to hear Mrs. H is up and getting the strays back on the trail and straightening some of the excessive leaning out of the H.

All my friends and neighbors have had covid or one of the variants. I attribute my not getting it to my not wearing a mask but sanitizing my hands using straight Everclear several times a day and ALWAYS before touching my face, eating, and before bed. Some of my neighbors have had it twice and one old duffer on his third bout. He is an avid mask wearer but is less sanitary than a billy goat in rut season.

It seems guys here get it worse than women. A veterinarian friend started Imovec after her husband got it and she had light symptoms. She had to keep going as all the other vets in her practice, guys, were sick as dogs after eating a maggot-infested gangrene porcupine.

"She had to keep going as all the other vets in her practice, guys, were sick as dogs after eating a maggot-infested gangrene porcupine"

That's quite a visual, MC. 🤢

I too, know some who have gotten the virus more than once. I have heard that every time it mutates, it gets weaker. We haven't had the vaccine and we aren't planning to get it at this point. I think the 'plandamenic' is over...

Did you drink the Everclear, MC? 🤣

Glad for all the good news from your place. 'H.

"She had to keep going as all the other vets in her practice, guys, were sick as dogs after eating a maggot-infested gangrene porcupine"

That's quite a visual, MC. 🤢

I too, know some who have gotten the virus more than once. I have heard that every time it mutates, it gets weaker. We haven't had the vaccine and we aren't planning to get it at this point. I think the 'plandamenic' is over...

Did you drink the Everclear, MC? 🤣

Glad for all the good news from your place. 'H.
NO!!! I can't even stand the smell but it is the best alcohol for sanitizing and using on wounds. It doesn't have the toxicity and drying effect that rubbing alcohol does.

Sorry to hear your folks have it Leanin. I am guessing they must be about my age. Just cold symptoms can be hard on us oldies. Strange that we used to call the cold symptoms coronavirus "a cold" and now we have to call it a weak variant of covid with some outer space sounding name.

Sorry to hear about your folks, 'H. There is no rhyme nor reason with this virus. No one really knows, IMO, about the virus or the vaccine. I hope they continue with mild symptoms. All I had was laryngitis, but Mr. FH was more sick. Can they get the infusion? I think the Biden administration has made it harder to get but if it's available, I recommend it.

Hopefully it is the Omnicrom (sp) version. I saw where John Hopkins University looked at 55,000 people with that variant. Zero deaths, zero ventilators, only about 200 hospitalizations, and the average hospital stay for those was about 2 days. Sounds like it is just a bad cold.

Latest posts