• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our yard is a sheet of ice

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
on a side hill. :shock:

It's raining and covering our already slippery yard with a fresh shiny coat of ice.

Dangerous walking or driving. :mad:

Same here...It started raining here about 2PM and rained about 4-5 hours-- as the temp kept dropping.. Finally just before it quit it was snain- and now everything is a sheet of ice.. Predicting temps near 40 tomorrow--but no-one will go anywhere until the ice sheet melts.... And then all the old snow is really going to be treacherous......

Big Muddy rancher said:
on a side hill. :shock:

It's raining and covering our already slippery yard with a fresh shiny coat of ice.

Dangerous walking or driving. :mad:

I would take it. We havn't had any moisture for I don't know how long.

littlejoe said:
hayguy said:
studded muck boot's? :wink:

sheet metals screws, screws you put tin on with---work great. can take them out when not needed.

Yep-- I have a pair of Sorels I have studded up that way... Definitely save a lot of wrecks...

littlejoe said:
hayguy said:
studded muck boot's? :wink:

sheet metals screws, screws you put tin on with---work great. can take them out when not needed.

bought some cheap boots from wally world and did the sheet metal screw trick, use them when needed. fine for walking around but not great for getting in and out of tractors, the steel steps tend to rip out the screws and steel on steel slips pretty easily. finding boots with real soft rubber soles is tough... to much plastic in the sole

be careful BMR the going down ain't bad, it's the landing that hurt's

:wink:

That ice is a bad deal, especially if cows are licking snow for a living.
It's been snowing here for so long I almost forget what the sun looks like. The 2 days the sun did shine the last few weeks we decided to take advantage and vaccinate and Ivomec the herd. Of course, because it was clear it was also -25 :?
We've accumulated over a foot the last few days, with plenty more in the forecast. That's more than we got all last winter.
I'll have to take some pics of something the good folks out on the prairies of Sask., N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska etc. have probably never seen.... snow about a foot high on top of the fence posts out in the middle of the fields :lol: If we do get wind here it will make things tough though :(

by now I think I'd take 5" of freezing rain....... its been 2 1/2 months since any moisture at all. But on the high side of that, its been real nice late fall weather here and we are getting lots of extra projects completed.

Last December it was warm and dry and mild here which got me worrying what the summer would bring. I'm getting that same feeling again. :?

Latest posts