• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

out and about

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Just a few of what is happening around here.

Mrs. Per's tractor had a bit of tire trouble on a -30 day. Fortunately it could be fixed inside.
Jan2012364.jpg

Local tire shop owner who has a shop 7 miles east or 12 miles west of here sent a young apprentice to accomplish the task. He stopped out to check up on him just as it was complete.
Jan2012365.jpg

Always good to have a good tire outfit handy.
Jan2012366.jpg

Been away for a few days so had to have a close look at the old girls this morning.
Jan2012346.jpg

They are faring just fine on the neighbours barley stubble.
Jan2012345.jpg

A few of Gcreeks cattle were over for a visit.
Jan2012351.jpg

They sure are ugly cattle.
Jan2012353.jpg

Been at an endless number of meetings lately. My WSGA board having lunch, of course it was a board members beef we were enjoying.
Jan2012331.jpg

looks like tall cows are all legs need a better bull.....or me to come and thin the herd for you

Cattle look like they didn't even feel the -35-40 weather, even the funny looking leggy ones . :D

How does Mrs Per like her Kubota ? I think I am going to be tractor shopping soon . I definitely need a cab in my old age . :(

I didn't get my first cab on a tractor till I was 26, Now the only pieces of equipment I have without cabs would be the lawn mower and the 13 ton roller ( still have a couple of mowing tractors without cabs but the field work is to important)

My son thought it was too funny when I bought the last dozer with a cab but when we needed it a couple of weeks ago I told him the 650G JD was at least 5 miles closer ( no cab ) but he got the D37P5 Komatus ( nice heated cab) I ask him why he got it and he said he knew I was to old to ride an open dozer in the low +30s all day - - - funny thing was he was in it way more than me!

Sure is nice to close the door and roll up the windows and turn the heat on. Just have to be careful pushing big piles up to keep the glass in!

hillsdown said:
Cattle look like they didn't even feel the -35-40 weather, even the funny looking leggy ones . :D

How does Mrs Per like her Kubota ? I think I am going to be tractor shopping soon . I definitely need a cab in my old age . :(
She likes it. How was Temple? I had to be too many places at once that day.

per said:
hillsdown said:

She likes it. How was Temple? I had to be too many places at once that day.

I didn't go either , with the really cold weather and some of my AI group ready to calve any day I just can't be gone that long . Mr HD was working way up at Red Earth so I had no one to be here to look after my pets besides asking my parents to come out, but they wouldn't be able to do anything with the cattle etc if need be. I am really disappointed ,as it might have been a once in a life time event . Just wish the timing would have worked out better .

3words said:
Per,don't you have trouble with those moose tearing down your fence?

A little bit, they are not very respectful. They mostly step over stuff but they are contrary enough to just walk through whatever they want.

That's where they are!

Seriously, that is one more moose than I've seen from the ground in the last 3 months. The MOE just finished their official count, haven't seen the official paper but rumour says it was dismal at best.

Wonder what it will take for them to recognize there are too many wolves.
Tracks everywhere.

Cows don't appear chilly at all Per, that good Foothills tallow must be an efficient insulator. :wink:

How long have you been getting those long legged cows and bulls on the prairie. Maybe gcreek could send you some of his wolves to chase them back. We had a GPS collored wolf leave his pack in NE Oregon and travel all the way to Northern CA and is now heading to Nevada, watch out he might be heading your way.

Latest posts