• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Overnight fishing trip while in Alaska

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Here are a few fishing pictures.

Recommendedformoftravel.jpg

Recommended form of transportation
CarolandBrockloadingup.jpg

Carol and Brock loading
Dressesbootsandafloatplane.jpg

Incongrous, a pretty dress, cowboy boots and a floatplane
Jasonthepilot.jpg

Jason, the pilot
Scenerybelow.jpg

Scenery below
LongestglacierinAlaska40miles.jpg

Longest glacier in Alaska (40 miles)
Wildcountry.jpg

Wild country
Thelakewherewewouldland.jpg

The lake where we would land
Timourguide.jpg

Tim, our guide
Carolcasting.jpg

Carol casting
BrockandTimtheguide.jpg

Brock and Tim
Brockandarainbow.jpg

Brock and a rainbow
Hickhikers.jpg

Hick hikers, or hicks hiking
Ourcamp.jpg

Our camp
Prettyplantlife.jpg

Pretty plant life
Dinnerinthemaking.jpg

Dinner in the making, just for the halibut
Alaskansundown.jpg

Alaska sundown
Goodthepilotrememberedwhereheleftus.jpg

Glad the pilot remembered where he dropped us off

Soapweed----I am jealous :mrgreen: ....always wanted to see alaska and now I want to even more!!! Absolutely beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!! :wink:

What a wonderful memorable vacation. Could almost feel the cool air off that glacier.

Someday I'm going to make it there-- How was the fishing? Great pics.

Saturday I had to run out to Fort Peck Lake because my #2 daughter and her friend from Billings were entered in the annual Womens Walleye Derby- anyway she caught an 8lb 6oz- 28 1/2 inch walleye and here friend caught a 6lber--They took 2nd place and won $500 with 14.6 lbs of fish.. The winners had 3 fish for 22lbs which included a 14lb- 32 1/2 inch one- was almost as big as the little under 5 foot tall gal that caught it....

But someday I'm heading north to do some fishing....

Great pics Soapweed. However, you were right in my back yard and never even stopped in for coffee! :mad:

Silver said:
Great pics Soapweed. However, you were right in my back yard and never even stopped in for coffee! :mad:

Back yards are really, really big up there. Roads are few and far between. On the map, it looks like highway numbers only go from 1 through 11.

Soapweed said:
Silver said:

Back yards are really, really big up there. Roads are few and far between. On the map, it looks like highway numbers only go from 1 through 11.

Well, I'll let it slide this time. You'd likely been put to work finishing the hay if you'd shown up anyway :wink:
I was thinkin' today that you probably got into that type of scenery in about the same time it takes me, and a lot less work on your part. By the time I load my horses and gear, drive 4 hrs and ride for 8 I'm pretty bushed.

Silver said:
Soapweed said:
Silver said:

Well, I'll let it slide this time. You'd likely been put to work finishing the hay if you'd shown up anyway :wink:
I was thinkin' today that you probably got into that type of scenery in about the same time it takes me, and a lot less work on your part. By the time I load my horses and gear, drive 4 hrs and ride for 8 I'm pretty bushed.

It would have been fun to have stopped by your place, Silver, since we were "already in the neighborhood," but it just didn't work out this time. Besides, if we'd stopped to help you put up hay we'd be even further behind on our own haying than we are. We've got a bit more low ground to get, but have had a wonderful hay crop this year.

The only part of our Alaska trip where time hung a little heavy, was the tail end of the four-and-a-half hour plane ride from Salt Lake City to Anchorage. Of course, we had already gotten up pretty early that morning to drive for six hours by automobile to Denver, before riding an hour-and-a-half by plane to Salt Lake.

Coming home was broken up better, with a three-hour plane ride from Anchorage to Portland, Oregon, and then another three-hour plane ride from Portland to Denver. We came on back to the ranch the next day.

Looks like fun Soapweed.

I bet even with haying on the backburner that you will remember this trip a lot longer than the day you finished haying.

Soapweed, great pictures! What else did you get to see while you were up there, and how cold did it get at night? I'm betting you had more fun than being held captive in a cruise ship, and having to wear a suit and tie for supper. (shudder) :lol:

Latest posts