• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Packers displace Domestic beef! Imports are increased?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
NR, some of you Canadians have learned well form SH on how to 'spin'. jigs said "support" and "respect", NOT "trust"!!! Then you talk about "respect for the truth", but seem to have no problem letting your product be misrepresented as USA beef in your almost only export market. I'm sure Randy will have 'Product of Canada' on his product in the USA market place, but his problem will be that Canadian producers like you will cut him off at the knees as soon as Cargill and/or Tyson offers $1.00/head more. The multinationals have displaced USA producers with Canadian beef and, as soon as they are able, they will displace Canadian producers with Brazilian beef

To tell you the truth Murgen, Randy will have Canadian Celtic all over his boxes on either side of the border. In fact our federal kill is stalled right now until we can come up with the cash to make a volume purchase of such boxes.

I say go ahead and implement Cool, or even MCool. It will only help superior products like Canadian Grain fed beef, or Identified Canadian Grass fed, or whatever.

Identitity and quality are the future of the beef/cattle industry (read our Canadian Galloway ad next month in the Cattlemen Magazine).

Here's your turn for another plug Porker, and Staff. :roll:

Go Randy and Celtic Beef.

Hey, when I get out there to Alberta, can I buy some of those "hairy beasts" and be invoved too? I want to take part in some of those humungous packer profits! :D :D

Or at least have a secured market for my product! Is that considered Captive supplies?

Cardboard boxes are at a shortage in Canada right now, are they Randy?

Damn, now I got to buy a cardboard factory, besides the reefer! :D :D

when I buy the reefers, can I honk the horn when I pass OT's ranch? :D :D

Forget it Murgen, we only take Packer Bwaamers.

Lot's of boxes bud, problem is Cargill and Tyson have all the money to buy them, we're still a little short. We couldn't cross the line for those Humungous boxed profits, so we are a bit behind. :lol:

Don't you dare honk on the way by OT's place. He's pretty old you know and stirring him up any more might bring on the Big One. We found out were he lives a good while back so when the orders start coming in from restaurants in the USA, we can bypass problems.
:p

Gawd, what I wouldn't give for something to do this afternoon. Waiting on a real estate counter is not a lot of fun. Thank goodness for the thought provoking, enlightening, educational RANCHER.NET.

rkaiser said:
To tell you the truth Murgen, Randy will have Canadian Celtic all over his boxes on either side of the border. In fact our federal kill is stalled right now until we can come up with the cash to make a volume purchase of such boxes.

I say go ahead and implement Cool, or even MCool. It will only help superior products like Canadian Grain fed beef, or Identified Canadian Grass fed, or whatever.

Identitity and quality are the future of the beef/cattle industry (read our Canadian Galloway ad next month in the Cattlemen Magazine).

Here's your turn for another plug Porker, and Staff. :roll:

There's a quality post Randy :)

I wish your venture all the success possible. Anytime anyone can deliver a superior product to the consumer the whole industry benefits.

One slight point, COOL as it was originally intended included an unfair segregation of any product not born, raised, processed in the USA. It couldn't even share a truck or cooler space or retail shelf space. That was the real reason Canadians fought it, not the we are afraid to have our name on our product.

Can you buy generic boxes and use a stick on label? Is there a regulation that the boxes must be printed?

One slight point, COOL as it was originally intended included an unfair segregation of any product not born, raised, processed in the USA. It couldn't even share a truck or cooler space or retail shelf space. That was the real reason Canadians fought it, not the we are afraid to have our name on our product.

They are falling right into our hands! Specific cooler space and everything, why be put with the average COOL labeled, when you deserve your own space. There might even be room for flashing lights and whistles!

And we won't even have to share truck space, our trucks will be full.

Driving by OT's, horns a blaren, with a great Maple Leaf on the side. (we should honk at every RCALF member's lane) If only they were proud enough of RCALF to let their names be published.

Goooo RCALF!!!

Generic boxes are'nt the problem. Printing will cost a bit extra, but not enought o hold us back. Volume is what we are currently wrestling with. As with everything else the more we buy the cheaper they get. We don't want to go with the boxes from the custom plant we are dealing with, even with a simple brand name stamp. Perception is key. No use giving even our cutom plant any kind of leg up with OUR customers.

The printed stamp is that of the plant, and if we don't do our own, we'd have to stick a lot of labels on to cover the rest of their boxes.

Didn't realise the bit about segregation within Cool Jason. Never stop learning.

I say segregate as much as possible. Brings attention to your product, much the same as COOL will do. "what's different about this, hey it's Celtic, those guys don't wear underwear, we should buy it!"

Consumer buying trends, once again polled! Of what use, maybe none, but buyers do like buying from them underwear-less guys!

Latest posts