• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Parents Turn to Organic Over Food Fears

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Organic has been shown to be LESS healthy than non-organic due to the increase of risk from bacteria in manure (fertilizer).

RobertMac said:
Mike, you recognize propaganda when you see it.

God didn't create anything that requires man to correct.

Except man himself.

Mike said:
Organic has been shown to be LESS healthy than non-organic due to the increase of risk from bacteria in manure (fertilizer).

You mean they are simply creating the ILLUSION of safety? :shock:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :wink: :p :lol:

Was at the dentist on Monday and he was telling me how he liked to eat Venison because he was unsure of what was used on beef cattle. He felt wild harvested deer would be safer. If I could have talked while getting a root canal I would have told him that ranchers don't let their cattle in to fields that have been freshly sprayed but that deer love the pea fields and don't wait for with drawal times to expire before entering these fields. :cowboy:

Don't people realize that antibiotics and other chemicals cost money so are used sparingly in the cattle industry. I won't speak to the more industrialized chicken and hog barns. I will let them defend them selves.

reader (the Second) said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Was at the dentist on Monday and he was telling me how he liked to eat Venison because he was unsure of what was used on beef cattle. He felt wild harvested deer would be safer. If I could have talked while getting a root canal I would have told him that ranchers don't let their cattle in to fields that have been freshly sprayed but that deer love the pea fields and don't wait for with drawal times to expire before entering these fields. :cowboy:

Don't people realize that antibiotics and other chemicals cost money so are used sparingly in the cattle industry. I won't speak to the more industrialized chicken and hog barns. I will let them defend them selves.

I'm more concerned about CWD in venison than BSE in cattle and he should be too. CWD is widespread and appears to transmit vertically among deer and elk. Yes, we don't know it can be transmitted to humans but on the other hand, we don't know it cannot be.

That was the strangest part. We have a CWD herd reduction hunt going on in Sask. He was going to get a couple Tags to shoot some deer out of the CWD herd reduction zone. They do send the heads to be tested but the other body parts can be disposed of any where. As a stockgrower and sitting member of the wildlife advisory committee I have argued this procedure but to no avail.

Latest posts