• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Parkinsons information

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cloud9

Reaction score
i wanted more information on parkinsons
things like how it is caused , what are the symptoms , are there any permanent cures yet
i am doing a project on it and i want full marks on it
so you people better help me out
thanks in advance

there is loads of information on the net
however i can give you some information
parkinsons is caused by the damage of dopamine producing cells in the brain
it can happen due to injury or anything else
dopamine is needed for co ordinated movements i nthe body
symptoms usually consist of un co ordinated movements and also very restricted movements in the body
there is no permanent cure for parkinsons but medicines like Amantadine (Amantadin Medication) which slows the process of parkinsons

This is somethin interestin that I thought might have use in your project.
I was a dental assistant for 8 years. We had a patient that had had an implant done, (tooth implant, metal implanted into the bone, then a crown put on what extends through the gums. Looks like a real tooth) Anyway, this patient had an implant done, and six months or so later started developing parkinson's symptoms. This went on for a couple of years. He kept getting worse and worse. The dr's kept doing tests after tests trying to determine what was wrong. They kept telling him it was parkinson's disease, but could find no prove other than his physical problems.
After 2 years of this, he finally found a dr. that linked the implants to his symptoms. His body was rejecting the metal that was implanted in the jaw bone. It was just a different type of rejection. He had the implant removed and within a week all his parkinson's symptoms disappeared.

Don't know if this is anything that will help you on your project, but I thought it was interesting, and has me convinced I'll never have an implant done.

Latest posts