• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Passin Gas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
Let's bring this up to the top and start its own thread.

You said (regarding Iraq) "there's no free lunch".
I asked what do you think we are winning in Iraq.

You said Pew Research showed that liberal reporters outnumbered conservative reporters five to one.
I asked for a link to back that up.

You refused to respond to my questions and asked questions of your own. Even though I asked my question first, I responded to yours because I can support my claims. Yet, even though you had indicated you would resume dialog when I responded, you have refused to answer my questions. That you didn't like my answer doesn't make it an invalid answer.

So I'll ask them again:

What are winning in Iraq?
Where's the link to the Pew Research to prove your contention?

The answer to the first question will, of course, be an opinion (hopefully, yours), but the second question requires a legitimate internet site showing your claim to be true.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
In regard to your nickname for "passin thru"

On Monday, July 22, in the Cindy Sheehan topic, you said:

"Insults are a sign of desperation."

:roll:

Enough said.
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
0
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
but the second question requires a legitimate internet site showing your claim to be true.

By who's rules?

yours, ?

maybe you can back up some of your claims first, ! like how we provided the Iraqis with weapons, I even posted pictures,,,You never responded....can you "prove you claims doubtful....


play by your own rules....mr moderator....not...by the way who put you in charge?
 

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
mp.freelance said:
In regard to your nickname for "passin thru"

On Monday, July 22, in the Cindy Sheehan topic, you said:

"Insults are a sign of desperation."

:roll:

Enough said.

So George W. Bush is insulting all his "pals" when he gives them a nickname? That's supposed to be the highest form of flattery in the Bush camp, to have a nickname.
 

Liberty Belle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
4
Location
northwestern South Dakota
I thought ol’ disagreeable was just describing he/she/it’s own posts. They really stink and that methane is guaranteed to flame if touched by a spark. It’s easy to tell he/she/it is full of crap by the smell of the hot air emitted from he/she/it’s south end. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Disagreeable said:
mp.freelance said:
In regard to your nickname for "passin thru"

On Monday, July 22, in the Cindy Sheehan topic, you said:

"Insults are a sign of desperation."

:roll:

Enough said.

So George W. Bush is insulting all his "pals" when he gives them a nickname? That's supposed to be the highest form of flattery in the Bush camp, to have a nickname.


You're a sad little man, Dis.
 

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:
mp.freelance said:
In regard to your nickname for "passin thru"

On Monday, July 22, in the Cindy Sheehan topic, you said:

"Insults are a sign of desperation."

:roll:

Enough said.

So George W. Bush is insulting all his "pals" when he gives them a nickname? That's supposed to be the highest form of flattery in the Bush camp, to have a nickname.


You're a sad little man, Dis.

On the contrary, every day I see signs that the public and another Republican leader is breaking with George W. Bush and starting to see the Iraqi war my way. That puts a very large smile on my face.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
The fact that you're so obsessed with Bush makes you a sad little man, even if you don't realize it. Anybody who is so passionate about a celebrity, politician, rockstar or otherwise - either positive or negative - is pretty sad in my book. When will it be enough dis? If Bush got impeached, you'd probably fall into a deep depression since you wouldn't have anything to complain about any more. How boring would Disagreeable's life be if a Democrat were in office?
 

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
mp.freelance said:
The fact that you're so obsessed with Bush makes you a sad little man, even if you don't realize it. Anybody who is so passionate about a celebrity, politician, rockstar or otherwise - either positive or negative - is pretty sad in my book. When will it be enough dis? If Bush got impeached, you'd probably fall into a deep depression since you wouldn't have anything to complain about any more. How boring would Disagreeable's life be if a Democrat were in office?

No, if Bush is impeached, we'd have Cheney for President. We'll have to impeach both of them and that's not as far fetched as you might imagine. Even if it doesn't happen, he'll be severly hamstrung in making any major changes in government programs during the rest of his term. And this costly war is going to be what he's remembered for. It will be years before the Republicans recover from supporting George W. Bush. The fly in that ointment is that thousands of people are dead and we're in big time debt. Not a good trade off in my opinion.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Are you familiar with Fareed Zakaria? He's certainly not a right-wing zealot, but has a much more rational approach to the Iraq war than you do. If I were you, I'd look into his writings. I'd be interested in seeing what you think.

Basically, his belief is that the Iraq war could have been beneficial to the Middle East, but the Bush administration's diplomatic and occupational strategy was seriously flawed. Now that we're there, however, we're in no position to flee without creating a far worse disaster. Any rational person should at least understand this argument. If you are indeed reasonable, you'll consider the merits of this approach, rather than deeming that Zakaria should "go join the army," which is pretty much the only response I ever get from you.
 

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
mp.freelance said:
Are you familiar with Fareed Zakaria? He's certainly not a right-wing zealot, but has a much more rational approach to the Iraq war than you do. If I were you, I'd look into his writings. I'd be interested in seeing what you think.

Basically, his belief is that the Iraq war could have been beneficial to the Middle East, but the Bush administration's diplomatic and occupational strategy was seriously flawed. Now that we're there, however, we're in no position to flee without creating a far worse disaster. Any rational person should at least understand this argument. If you are indeed reasonable, you'll consider the merits of this approach, rather than deeming that Zakaria should "go join the army," which is pretty much the only response I ever get from you.

No, I'm not familar with Zakaria but am glad to see you respect someone who agrees with me that the Bush Bunch screwed this whole thing up. If I believed for one minute that Iraq would stay together and be a force for good in the Middle East, I could support this war, kicking and screaming, but I could support it. There is not a single reason to believe that these groups will ever come together. I agree with the Sunnis that the current Federalism plan will lead to the break up of the country. I believe the Kurds will separate from Iraq as soon as the US is out of there. Then the Kurds in Iran and Turkey will want to join them, causing "unrest" in those countries. I think that Iran will make nice with the Shiites and eventually work out some sort of agreement with them. In my opinion, the country of Iraq was doomed when Bush invaded it. I see no reason for more Americans to die for this lost cause. And when Bush uses the dead as an excuse to kill more, I see the 58,000 lost in VietNam because of the same excuse.

I am not saying Zakaria should be ashamed to sit on the sidelines and cheer on this blood war, mp, I'm saying you should be ashamed. Read the Marine blog that I linked to and tell me how you can look yourself in the face every morning and support this war.
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
0
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
This is a poem being sent from a Marine to his Dad.
For those who take the time to read it, you'll see a letter from
him to his Dad at the bottom. It makes you truly thankful
for not only the Marines, but ALL of our troops.


THE MARINE


We all came together,
Both young and old
To fight for our freedom,
To stand and be bold.


In the midst of all evil,
We stand our ground,
And we protect our country
From all terror around.


Peace and not war,
Is what some people say.
But I'll give my life,
So you can live the American way.


I give you the right
To talk of your peace.
To stand in your groups,
and protest in our streets.


But still I fight on,
I don't bitch, I don't whine.
I'm just one of the people
Who is doing your time.


I'm harder than nails,
Stronger than any machine.
I'm the immortal soldier,
I'm a U.S. MARINE!



So stand in my shoes,
And leave from your home.
Fight for the people who hate you,
With the protests they've shown.


Fight for the stranger,
Fight for the young.
So they all may have,
The greatest freedom you've won.


Fight for the sick,
Fight for the poor
Fight for the cripple,
Who lives next door.


But when your time comes,
Do what I've done.
For if you stand up for freedom,
You'll stand when the fight's done.


By: Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert, US Marine Corps
USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF


March 23, 2003



Hey Dad,

Do me a favor and label this "The Marine" and send it to
everybody on your email list. Even leave this letter in it. I
want this rolling all over the US; I want every home reading
it. Every eye seeing it. And every heart to feel it. So can you
please send this for me? I would but my email time isn't that
long and I don't have much time anyway. You know what Dad?
I wondered what it would be like to truly understand what JFK
said in His inaugural speech.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."

Well, now I know. And I do. Dad, I welcome the opportunity
to do what I do. Even though I have left behind a beautiful
wife, and I will miss the birth of our first born child, I would
do it 70 times over to fight for the place that God has made
for my home. I love you all and I miss you very much. I wish
I could be there when Sandi has our baby, but tell her that I
love her, and Lord willing, I will be coming home soon. Give
Mom a great big hug from me and give one to yourself too.
Aaron
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Disagreeable, you really are demonstrating a low intelligence level. What's the difference between me and Zakaria "cheering on the sidelines?" Why should he not be ashamed for believing the Iraq war must be finished, while I should? Your unexplained double standard leads me to believe that everything you say is little more than histrionics.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
I read your link from the Marine who relays information about the dangers of Iraq and the poor level of equipment. While this could be used to argue the war was ill prepared, or the strategies were not sufficiently well thought out, I still don't see how it proves the whole war was a bad idea. So, no, I don't feel ashamed to still support the war, even though it wasn't perfectly executed in the long-term sense.
 

Disagreeable

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
2,464
Reaction score
0
mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable, you really are demonstrating a low intelligence level. What's the difference between me and Zakaria "cheering on the sidelines?" Why should he not be ashamed for believing the Iraq war must be finished, while I should? Your unexplained double standard leads me to believe that everything you say is little more than histrionics.

The difference in you and Zakaria is that he's not posting on this board, I've never heard of him until now. You continually support this fiasco, even though you don't have the courage to get involved in it. You're willing to send others off to die, but you don't want to get your boots bloody. We all believe the Iraq war must be finished; I believe it is finished. It's the first day of September and the Iraqi leadership :roll: still hasn't come up with a Constitution. If they, the people the Iraqis elected, can't come up with an agreement, who will? And all the while, Americans are dying at the rate of more than 2 a day. August was one of the worst months ever for American deaths, even after two years in the country. Tell me something that makes you believe that Iraqis will come together and take charge of a democratic Iraq? Not just an opinion, but the basis of your opinion. I'm going to be posting an article by a US soldier about the police training. Read it before you respond.
 

Latest posts

Top