• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pasture Available

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
I'm sure most folks have grass, some simply have too many cattle for it, or too little time for them. If you're either of those, we've got room for another 150-200 yearlings to custom graze till October. If you know of anybody, send them my way. I'd like to fill up a paddock soon while the grass is still lush. Who'd a thunk it? Lush and green in August?

Thanks.

The meadows are flooding up along the Meadow and Beaver Rivers-there are some custom grazed cattle there might have to move out so I'll let them know.

There is twice as much grass here as available cattle. The challenge is how to keep it lush. We have simply dropped a few native paddocks out of the rotation. Maybe this will be the year I get to graze all 12 months. Going to need a different winter than the last one.

Count your blessings! Our pasture is about done until we get some significant rain. There might be about 2 weeks of grass left on a couple of paddocks but it's even drying up so I'm reluctant to put them on it. I've been feeding for a couple of weeks now.

PureCountry said:
Isn't it sad we can't spread the weather out evenly? We have 12 quarters of untouched pasture again this year, and we have friends in the Peace country dried out. Crazy.

Wow, I didn't think anyone in the Peace was short on moisture. We had a dry start but it's now the wettest year in a long long time. I actually don't know what we're going to do with all this hay if we manage to get it put up in good shape.

Silver said:
PureCountry said:
Isn't it sad we can't spread the weather out evenly? We have 12 quarters of untouched pasture again this year, and we have friends in the Peace country dried out. Crazy.

Wow, I didn't think anyone in the Peace was short on moisture. We had a dry start but it's now the wettest year in a long long time. I actually don't know what we're going to do with all this hay if we manage to get it put up in good shape.

Save it for another year. :wink:

Latest posts