• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pasture Pictures 5/8/10

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Water standing every where. We don't get a lot of this:

069.jpg

It was cold this morning. We moved a trough that we feed mineral in,
and we dumped this out of the trough.

077.jpg

075-2.jpg

That's SNOW in them thar hills. (Not a good picture as I zoomed in too much, but it's the only one I took. BTW, how can I downsize these pictures from photobucket?)

080.jpg

The resevoir is full
081-3.jpg

Just turned the heifers into this pasture
089.jpg

I do believe the cheat grass is going to be good this year. :cry:
098-2.jpg

Just one of many. Wish all the fences were in this good of shape.
094.jpg

Cowdog that doesn't have enough work to do:
104.jpg

Nice pics FH. This is a hard time of year to manage grass in Cold country. Pretty amazing stuff though, inasmuch as it grows in spite of that hard crust on the water.

Great pics FH. You have a ton of moisture, here's hoping you all get a bumper pasture and crop from it .. :D

Your pasture sure is green already.. I bet you are happy to get the girls booted out to it.

at least your dog is able to provide the 4-wheeler with some extra traction. :wink: your county sure looks good. standing water is always a pretty sight.

you got those heifers on a mineral program, right? :p :D

I'd even take cheat grass, just to see something green right now. Everything is looking great at your place, and should really be impressive with a little warm weather :D .

Now, we need a close-up of those fancy heifers please :wink: :D .

Things should really pop with all that moisture, I'm envious! Is that fence line new or does vegetation just not grow up around fence lines there?

:? :? The Black Hills are the white hills??? They are the wet hills, and that is what will make them the green hills. I better go to bed, I'm kinda tired :oops:

Shortgrass said:
:? :? The Black Hills are the white hills??? They are the wet hills, and that is what will make them the green hills. I better go to bed, I'm kinda tired :oops:
Kinda look like Mole Hills :wink: of course this is not a Hill to die on. :)

When the lightning hits them it blasts the rocks out and then they move the fence over again :shock: :lol: :lol:

around here wooden posts are $3.00, steel posts around $6 or $7.

Northern Rancher said:
I use those steels when I have top carry them back into the swamp you can pack them easier than wood.

I hoard the steel posts as a precious commodity. We've got some pretty steep pitches here and there that you can't even get down with a quad so if you gotta pack posts and an indian hammer, steel posts are the ones to have!

Latest posts