• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Peanut Butter RECALL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well I'd heard of this while we were gone on our trips. Never crossed my mind that I might actually have a jar of this peanut butter in my cabinet. So I never even looked when I got home.

Today our son came home with the code on the jars that was recalled....he looked in our cabinet and said, "MOM!!!!! we got one of the bad jars of peanut butter"....sure nuff we do.

Wonder if I take it back will they gimme another jar? or my money back?

here's the link to the website that has the code......check yer peanut butter everyone!!!!

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01563.html

I'd eat it just for fun. Sit around afterward and see who gets sick and who don't. :lol:
I talked to a USDA man today. He said the thresholds for most bacteria or pathogens is at a level designed to not comprimise the 15% of America that has a low imune level. Cancer patients, AIDS patients, Little girls in suburbia. He said you don't see many farm kids or dirty country kids with ecoli or if they get it , it's passed off as a belly ache, pun intended.

Well.....someone ate some of it.......we ain't a big peanut butter eatin family........coulda been me on some late night that I decided to eat peanut butter n crackers.....coulda been either one of the kids....they will eat a pbj ever now n then.......none of us remember who opened it and ate what's missin....but you can definately tell it was only one of us..not much missin. And....ain't none of us been sick with those kinda symptoms.....in.....ever...LOL

My doctor brother is almost scurbs down for surgery before eating or after touching a dog or anyhting like that.. Wonder what he would think looking at us after working cows with crap strewn all over us and stuff like that.. I won't say I am immune ot e-coli or anything like that but we sure seem to be innoculated on a regular basis for it around here, lol.

Yeah......dinner in the cow pasture after workin cows all day.....washin yer hands in the stock tank.....that's mainly just so you yourself don't hafta look at what's been on your hands all day as you put somethin in your mouth....it sure aint for sanitation purposes LOL

Red Robin said:
I'd eat it just for fun. Sit around afterward and see who gets sick and who don't. :lol:

You risk taker you....

Lazy Ace says you eat okra too! :wink:

Salmonella is scary crap (no pun intended) especially the multidrug resistant varieties.

Feed it to some mice, see if it knocks them off!!!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Turkey Track Bar said:
Red Robin said:

You risk taker you....

Lazy Ace says you eat okra too! :wink:

Salmonella is scary crap (no pun intended) especially the multidrug resistant varieties.

Feed it to some mice, see if it knocks them off!!!TTB :wink:

I'm tougher'n any ol' mouse TTB. Tell Lazy ace okra is good for your constitution. :lol: You better get in bed. You've got a long day tomorrow. You probably can't sleep anyway though.

Take the PB back to the store..if they don't give you credit,at least they will dispose of it safely..

Been eating my peanut butter, banana, and onion sammiches from a jar with the recall code for a few weeks.

Had a belly ache one morning but blamed it on the Jim Beam I chased them down with. 8)

That is soooo wierd Mike...my dad loved peanut butter and onion sandwiches. Next time though try the Crown Royal :p

When the recall came out we checked the labels on our jar, and sure enough there was the 2111 code. We looked in at the 10% of the jar left, laughed, and threw away the remainder.

I guess since we are exposed to bugs at 20x the limit all the time out with the cattle, we don't think much about a little stomach upset. We didn't have one that we can track to the peanut butter.

Latest posts