• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pecking away at it pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
I've just started haying them a little everyday.
1a8.jpg

1a4.jpg

roping practice
h1.jpg

I have to keep one horse shod all winter because he has terrible feet
ee5.jpg

breaking ice one day, wearing a t-shirt the next :???:
e4.jpg

e3.jpg

took one lonely steer to town on one load
c10.jpg

brought the bull up.....first ever case of foot rot :(
c4.jpg

made a hard decision to sell the last of my brahmas
4r.jpg

3d.jpg

1a61.jpg

1a60.jpg

my first ever mule! :D I just got her. She hasn't been messed with much
and it has been fun messing with her!
1a55.jpg

Stud colt I just got. Poor thing has had a hard start in life.
1a50.jpg

3 replacement heifers and my best saddle horse. I have one more heifer
I'm keeping still on the cow.
1a21.jpg

2 more saddle horses
1a20.jpg

1a11.jpg

1a10.jpg

I still have 4 calves on the cow. Trying to work it out to add a couple new bred cows or heifers to the herd.

.....just pecking away at it!

Good work! Those of you who don't have to feed until now must have it made. It makes me think that we really aren't meant to keep cows here in our part of the country where we barely get 5 months of grazing.

With the way your other livestock look, you'll have that poor little colt
looking shiney in no time. Don't forget to give him mineral :p .....he sure
need its for his bones.....looks like he sure needed a better home.

Good luck with the mule.

Thanks for the pictures! Things look really good there.

burnt said:
Good work! Those of you who don't have to feed until now must have it made. It makes me think that we really aren't meant to keep cows here in our part of the country where we barely get 5 months of grazing.

Thanks! Last year I peeled a little hay to the cows one time before Christmas and they didn't even eat it and then started haying some everyday on Christmas day on. This year I've giving them a little more than that, maybe 3 or 4 big bales. They're eating grass out there today yet. I'm still trying to figure out my land and cattle needs. I don't feed anything but grass hay to them in the winter as of last year and this, so just going day to day. Waiting as long as I can to hay sure helps my broke butt out! :D

Faster horses said:
With the way your other livestock look, you'll have that poor little colt
looking shiney in no time. Don't forget to give him mineral :p .....he sure
need its for his bones.....looks like he sure needed a better home.

Good luck with the mule.

Thanks for the pictures! Things look really good there.

Thanks! Hopefully someday I'll be riding that little colt and leading the mule packing salt and mineral to a pasture a few miles away!!! :D

Justin said:
thanks for the pictures. top notch as always :D

Thanks, Justin!

World's smallest ranch sighning out. :D :D :D

Justin said:
thanks for the pictures. top notch as always :D

Thanks, Justin!

World's smallest ranch sighning out. :D :D :D[/quote]

Love the pictures but sure wish you'd stop yer dang lying about the worlds smallest ranch! :mad: :wink: :lol: That would be me! :wink:

Thanks, man! :D :D :D I don't know, I was riding the north boundry fence the other day and fell off my horse and ripped my shirt on the south boundry fence. :D I've been working all winter here so far on paper mache cow models that I can scatter all over the background behind the real cows for pictures and respect. :D

R A said:
Thanks, man! :D :D :D I don't know, I was riding the north boundry fence the other day and fell off my horse and ripped my shirt on the south boundry fence. :D I've been working all winter here so far on paper mache cow models that I can scatter all over the background behind the real cows for pictures and respect. :D

Well it's amazing how a good photographer can make them look so real! :shock: :wink:

:D :D The secret to that is....to brush the heck out of the one real cow you do have, then tape the collected fur from the brush to the models. It really brings them to life. :D :D :D

I guess this is the internet. Here's some steers I'm holding until spring to sell. Nah :D , I snapped this driving by a
place on my way to look at some horned hereford bulls. picture's blurry :(
a10.jpg

Latest posts