• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Peeling potatoes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kato

Reaction score
I came home from town the other day to find Hubby cooking supper. Whoo hoo! Gotta love that. He's a pretty mean hand with a barbeque, and loves his potatoes and carrots. He's also what you'd call a creative cook.

Apparently he was walking to the house with a plastic bucket filled with muddy potatoes and carrots, and spied the pressure washer by the house. It's a new one, gas powered, and puts out about three million pounds of pressure. In a move that would make Tim the Toolman proud, Hubby fired it up, and pointed it right into the bucket. In about a minute he'd peeled those veggies so clean they looked polished! He said some of the carrots popped out the top of the pail, but other than that, there were no problems.

The only problem we may have now is that we won't ever be able to put soap in the new potato peeler! :D

As i sat here reading this post...what did I notice..my hubby readin over my shoulder.....with a skeery smile on his face......(he hates peelin taters...and own's a pressure washer) Should I be afraid???? lmao

That was a hoot! Goes right along with cooking dinner in foil on top of the car engine during a trip. Just love creative thinking!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
As i sat here reading this post...what did I notice..my hubby readin over my shoulder.....with a skeery smile on his face......(he hates peelin taters...and own's a pressure washer) Should I be afraid???? lmao

as my 16 year old would say...."be afraid...be verrrrrry afraid!" :wink: :wink:

Murgen said:
Are you supposed to peel them? :???:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like them unpeeled, but the kids think the skins are gross.....guess it is just a matter of "taste" :D 8)

Man! I sure am glad I got a pressure washer! I think we will have potatoes for dinner! :lol:

And the skins, are good for you and the best part!

When we were kids, mom would send us out to throw the peelings to the chickens and we'd just about clean them up ourselves before we got to the chicken house. Might explain why I turned out the way I did! :shock: :eek: :lol:

Speaking of those nasty ol' chickens, how many on here have chickens?

I have tried to have chickens...but somethin comes and eats em one by one till they dwindle down to nothin. This last time I finally decided it wasn't worth it, Not gonna go buy anymore.

Sides.....I got embarrassed one time. Friend of mine came to visit. He'd gone to take a shower, and came back and asked....."why are their eggs in your bathroom sink?" I had no idea they were there. Apparently one of the kids had gone out and gathered the eggs. Not wantin to bring dirty eggs in while we had company they washed em in the bathroom sink....and left em there to dry. He said.."well I thought maybe it was just a "texas thang" eggs in the sink."

The egg story reminded me of one...

I used to have quite a few chickens. We were going to take one of our very rare trips and it was January. And January is usually pretty cold in Montana and Wyoming. My dad was going to take care of the chickens while we were gone.

He packed those chickens warm water every day, twice a day, and who knows what else. Well, he did gather the eggs. When I got home he had every pan, dish, bowl and carton he could find full of eggs. Some with dried on yolks. There were 60 dozen eggs I had to clean. 60 DOZEN!!! He really had those old hens up to speed on layin' eggs. :p

Latest posts