• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

People on lockdown

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
I know many of you were veterans - - - think back at how important MAIL CALL was

Lester BING Dudley is the only veteran ( United States Marine Corp ) resident at Kennard Senior Living and I can tell you any day he does not get a letter is a sad day for him. All of the residents could use a quick card of encouragement if you have time.

They normally have Bingo every Tuesday evening and family gathering nights every Friday and Saturday but as you know we are having to stop all of these activities for now ( hopefully we can expand the gatherings again soon )

All can have mail sent to the same address with their name and apartment number I will list them below

Julie Young Apt 2
Fred and Alberta Johnson Apt 3
Peggy Lowe Apt 4
Drborah Bump Apt 9
Sandy Roseman Apt 12
Bing Dudley Apt 16
Kristine Dunham Apt 18

For example send to

Bing Dudley Apt 16
232 North Vine Street
Kennard IN 47351

Please take a moment and possibly rotate so this is not a one day thing - - - after the restrictions are lifted come have a visit with them - - - We have a Cafe that will be open to the public again after the restrictions are lifter from 8 AM to 2 PM Monday thru Saturday and open for Pizza Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 5 PM to 9 PM eat in or carry out - - - after the restrictions are lifted come and visit with them, I guarantee you will feel as good about it as they do!

A timely reminder George. My folks live in a senior living apartment in town here and things have quieted down for them. No church, Dr appointments, or weekday lunch downtown. I have tried to be a more frequent visitor and they have great neighbors who stay in touch but they have noticed the difference.
Are you dry enough to get any fieldwork done yet? Most tractors are moving here. No huge hurry yet, but this week looks like our soil temperatures will get some planters rolling.

We have a bunch of ground ready - - - We planed to start planting yesterday and it rained all day - - - hopefully soon!

Yes it would be good to get some contact with the seniors locked down.

That letter writing is a good idea.

I've beentrying to call some of my Dad's old contacts, he had quite the phone list he called monthly. Some more often.

I called a old friend of my Dad's this afternoon. He and his wife are in Lockdown in a home so was really happy to get a call.
Thanks for the reminder George.

Great idea, George. Also on the calling, Big Muddy. The old guys at the coffee shops thrive on that interaction every day and this is a big, big loss for most of them. Seniors lose their skills rapidly if they don't use them daily - social skills, driving skills, etc. We need to be sure we try to provide some of that social interaction for them to help keep them going, so we should all take a few minutes and think about somebody to call today and every day until things get back to normal.

Mr. FH mother will be 100 years old in August. We can't go see her and she isn't capable of taking phone calls.
I know she misses her family. This is so hard on the elderly as many that are in nursing homes can't understand what happened.
Thanks to your post, George, I think I will write her a letter!! I would not have thought of doing that!!

Latest posts