• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Perfect Season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Anyone gonna watch the Patriots - Giants game this weekend? Ought to be a good one. I can't believe how many media morons keep asking the Patriots if it's important to go 16-0. In my opinion, it should be at this point. Any team in the damn league should take the field for every game expecting to win, otherwise, what are you there for?

at that level, losing is NOT an option. if I owned a team, paid those rediculous salaries, I would EXPECT a 16-0 season EVERY year.

that being said, Go Giants. cheaters, need not to achieve a perfect season

I am a Packers and Favre fan too. He's still my #1 QB any given Sunday.....or Saturday, or Thursday, or whenever the hell they decide to schedule games anymore.

I'm not a huge fan of Brady, although I love watching him play. It's more the team as a whole that impresses me. Granted they wouldn't be 16-0 if not for the play of Tom Brady, but I just can't seem to become a fan of the guy.

is it because he's two supermodels ahead of you lol. I see Jordan Tootoo is going out with Kelly Pickler I bet when he takes her home to nunavit that accent will be a hit lol.

I heard Tootoo took her north last summer. Musta been quite a culture shock. Considering he likes to hang out in Nashville sushi joints 'cause it's the only place he can get a home cooked meal. Or rather "un-cooked" meal.
Hey Pure Country, I see CBC has a show coming up about your neck of the woods.
Did Mrs. PC join the rest of the womenfolk and pack her bags for the duration?

A good friends son spent last summer at Tootoos home town,he was doing his thesis on the people{anthropologist} he said it was a really interesting expierence.Enjoyed it totally and that Tootoo is the town HERO.

I didn't know he was seeing Kelly Pickler....the gossip one hears on ranchers and from the men no less :p

Yes Pure,when does that show start??? I'm interested in the reason behind all those cement flower pots down the middle of main street,that not great women drivers :oops: may hit when backing up from that awsome antique store :? :wink:

tory: THE STORY OF JORDAN TOOTOO
The following article has been submitted to "Native Unity" by Larry Faulkner, of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Larry is a special writer friend of mine - bobbie

JUST THIS PAST WINTER THE HOCKEY WORLD WAS TREATED TO A UNIQUE STORY.

Playing for Team Canada in the World Junior Hockey championships a new and exciting player emerged...one with a bright future ahead of him as a professional hockey player. Not a unique story in itself but this young man has come half a world from living a few hundred miles South of the North Pole to further his professional sports ambitions.

You see Jordan is a full blooded Inuit..Not too long ago we would have referred to him, in our ignorance, as an Eskimo. His background is one of living off the land in the harshest environment that the Earth has to offer but the change in Latitudes and Attitudes is only half of the battle for him.

The Inuit are to this day a Noble and Proud people...their inherent self pride in both themselves as members of the Earth's peoples coupled with a pride in their own culture makes them a gracious and caring community. They live in a world as far away from our value system as can be imagined.

This self pride has a distinct negative aspect to it.- you see Jordan's older brother proceeded him traveling South to pursue a career in Hockey. A relatively small transgression of some of the rules of "the white man's society" caused a shame so deep in Jordan's brother that he took his own life. There is not really any blame to pass around with this tragedy other than we should all recognize the difficulties of culture shock that these young men face.

Jordan's story becomes even more incredible in that he is dealing with the loss of his older sibling, while adjusting to the new white man's culture as he tries to break into the pros. He has traveled a full 2,000 + miles South to accomplish this. He was drafted by the Nashville Predators of the NHL and is in their training camp trying to make the team as this is written. If his spirited and determined play at the Junior World Championships this past winter is any indication he will not be denied a spot on that team's roster.

How is this relevant to all of us living in the white man's society or not? I don't know about you but I am rooting for this kid...as a matter of fact I cannot think of another story recently that has galvanized all cultures together as much as Jordan's story.

Be you of Uto-Aztecan of Caddoan origin whose territories are as far removed from the Inuit territories as could be or from a peoples such as the Algonquian or Athapaskan whose territories border Inuit lands the drama and hope that this story drives home as the overcoming of adversity should be felt as deeply as I feel it.

It does not stop with the Native American community. This story transcends cultural boundaries into the white man's world. It is fair to say that all who are sports fans are touched in some way by the perseverance of the Human Spirit that Jordan's quest embodies.

You see I have no Native blood in my veins,. not a drop...I am fully descended from white Europeans but somehow I feel a pride in this young man and wish him nothing but success. Extrapolating from my feelings I would imagine that the Native American community must feel a pride that is amplified from my own or if they don't somehow they should.

I have a feeling that this young man is going to make us all feel a bit better about ourselves and that is good for all peoples.

H'es quite a little hockey player-tough as they come and will step up to the plate if asked. He's had some tragedy in his life-his older brother committed suicide while away playing hockey in Brandon. i don't think anybody here could imagine the culture shock it must of been for those boys to go away to play. Kelly Pickler was going crazy cheering him on when he was playing on the tube the other day-nice to see grinders can still get the girls lol.

Hockey-eh..Thats the reason I never heard of him :wink:

His story kind of reminds me of some of the local Indian kids- and basketball.....Some of these kids are fantastic HS basketball players and you just know they can go on to shine in college and the pros-- but usually a year or two after they graduate from HS, you find them back on the res- living in the government housing, playing streetball with the kids- or drunk/burned out on dope in some skid row bar.....They just can't stand the different culture and having to live with a structured lifestyle/athletic program....

Nice when you see a success story- even if it is in a sport where they just knock a frozen horse turd back and forth up the ice :wink: :lol: .....

Neil Waugh said:
I heard Tootoo took her north last summer. Musta been quite a culture shock. Considering he likes to hang out in Nashville sushi joints 'cause it's the only place he can get a home cooked meal. Or rather "un-cooked" meal.
Hey Pure Country, I see CBC has a show coming up about your neck of the woods.
Did Mrs. PC join the rest of the womenfolk and pack her bags for the duration?

Yes Neil, she went to Canmore with the rest of them. Bad part was, she had to take little Emily Aletha who was born in February, so the Mrs. was still nursing. She got to see the sights a bit and had some fun, but Emily didn't enjoy the trip too much and kept her Momma up at night. They were both glad to be back at the end of the week, I'll put it that way.

It'll be interesting to see the show when it comes out. Wonder if the camera will make me look 20lbs fatter? :lol: If it has that effect on the women, we'll never hear the end of it. :lol: :lol:

Must have been a pretty heavy run on Chinette down at the store during that period. Can't wait to see the show. Sounds like CBC may have done something right for a change. Except for Coach's Corner, of course.
Jordin played bantam in Spruce Grove as a 14 year old. Talk about a culture shock. Shows you what kind of character the kid has.

Latest posts