• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pertnear Summer and the Living is easy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
c3e36e846f1a3a9f91b3ceb96ee9a2f9cd5227a6_r.jpg

a1c261e6c932197ac0865da3d8748e3da696c25b_r.jpg

9a316262339ac961ac32e93e9ebb48f9aa8875ec_r.jpg

good luck

lol first time i seen a horse eat watermelons,pretty spoiled critters you got there :D

Faster horses said:
Never saw horses eat watermelon before. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm wondering where the roan horse came from????

That's my little bay, must be that danged apaloosa blood in him :D
good luck

PS Maybe i should say was my little Bay

tta stockdogs said:
You're not alone Hay Maker..I feed mine cantalope, they sure like em.

Yup, I guess they eat anything that's sweet, there is always someone selling melons along the road around here, so I get me a couple and get one or 2 for my 4 legged pardners, you're right they sure do like em.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

Not to hijack your thread, but sounds like you sold him.
I thought you liked him...

jodywy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j6avX7ebkM just close your eyes and listen!!!!

Been a long time since I heard that old tune thanks for the listen.
good luck

Faster horses said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

Not to hijack your thread, but sounds like you sold him.
I thought you liked him...

When I said "was" I meant his color is changing enough to call him a roan, I would'nt sell ole Poke.
I promised a young lady [ my neice ] she could have him if and when she graduated from Vet school.
My sister told me the young lady was letting her grades fail and seemed disinterested in school, I knew how much she loved ole poke so I provided some incentive for her to keep her grades up.
She's eleven now if and when she does get her vet license I will hafta go to plan "B" take her shopping for a fat 5/6 year old mare and if she if tough might hafta buy her for a new saddle too, but no poke wont be leaving neither will my Grey.
So say a good 10 years for her to get a vet license and rember she has to get through the "Boy" stage, I figger the chances of poke leaving this ranch are nil and none :wink:
good luck

My folks got their 1st air conditioner in 1964. The only summer memories I have before that is how hot the house was, and the folks going outside to feed watermelon to the horses that were right up close to the house.

loomixguy said:
My folks got their 1st air conditioner in 1964. The only summer memories I have before that is how hot the house was, and the folks going outside to feed watermelon to the horses that were right up close to the house.

Yeah man, I remember the days of no air condtioning well, one of my favorite gripes about S Tx damned heat especially after a hard days work.
good luck

Though I grew up in Wyoming, my parents family was from Missouri.
As a kid, I hated going there because all the houses were so dark inside.
I didn't realize til much later that they were dark because of trying
to keep the house as cool as possible. (no air conditioning)

Horses and cows eat almost anything - Watermelons - cantaloupe - Pumkins
When I had a Fruit Stand we had to TEACH them to break them Open (Left-overs at the END OF SEASONS)
I was paying 5 cent each foe Watermelons - 2 cents for cantaloupe - Free Pumkins(end of season) - $5 a field ben for #2 Corn and #2 Peppers

We also sold 2oz Cups of Grain for 50 cents so the Public could feed my animals - I had to send kids out to clean-out-the-feeder (and recup Grain for reSale)

Latest posts