• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pfizer Apology

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kato

Reaction score
Got a letter at work from Pfizer. It goes like this.

"PFIZER ANIMAL HEALTH - NOT A CORPORATE SPONSOR OF R-CALF

Attached, please find a statement from Pedro Lichtinger, President, Pfizer Animal Health, regarding a recent situation which implied that Pfizer was a corporate sponsor of R-Calf, and on the R-Calf website. We assure you that we are not a corporate sponsor of R-Calf and our name has subsequently been removed from their website."

Unfortunately, this came while I was on holiday, and I can't find the statement that was attached, but you get the idea... 8)

As much as you would like to label it as such, that was NOT an apology, Kato.

You must of went to Kadoka College and had one of professor SH's classes; "If they didn't actaully say it, but it fits your agenda, then that is what they meant". It's one of his 300 level classes - above "Blamers" (100) and "R-CALF is always wrong" (200), but a pre-req to "Deception abounds" (400). :lol:

Sandhusker said:

You must of went to Kadoka College and had one of professor SH's classes; "If they didn't actaully say it, but it fits your agenda, then that is what they meant". It's one of his 300 level classes - above "Blamers" (100) and "R-CALF is always wrong" (200), but a pre-req to "Deception abounds" (400). :lol:

The one that should be apologizing is R-CALF for puttting that Pfizer was a Corp. sponsor on their web site. That little deception could have cost Pfizer a pile of money. But what is another lie from R-CALF that causes someone a pile of money. Accountability for their lies will never happen if the membership doesn't step up to the plate and say enough is enough. But fat chance of that happening right Sandhusker. :wink:

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

The one that should be apologizing is R-CALF for puttting that Pfizer was a Corp. sponsor on their web site. That little deception could have cost Pfizer a pile of money. But what is another lie from R-CALF that causes someone a pile of money. Accountability for their lies will never happen if the membership doesn't step up to the plate and say enough is enough. But fat chance of that happening right Sandhusker. :wink:

why should R CALF apoligize ? I believe pfizer was a sponser till Canadians found out about it,and if the truth be known privately, they still are sponsering the event.................good luck

It was an apology. I didn't retype the whole letter, because it was addressed to Canadian veterinarians, not Americans. I just wanted to let you guys know that this thing has caused the s*&t to hit the fan down at Pfizer. :shock:

The rest of this letter contained stuff about their committment to the Canadian cattle producers and such stuff that you guys really don't want to hear. :wink:

I will still try to get a copy of the statement that is floating around the office somewhere that goes into more detail.

Kato said:
It was an apology. I didn't retype the whole letter, because it was addressed to Canadian veterinarians, not Americans. I just wanted to let you guys know that this thing has caused the s*&t to hit the fan down at Pfizer. :shock:

The rest of this letter contained stuff about their committment to the Canadian cattle producers and such stuff that you guys really don't want to hear. :wink:
I will still try to get a copy of the statement that is floating around the office somewhere that goes into more detail.

On the contrary Kato,I know a lot of folks that would like to hear or see the pfizer apology letter...............good luck

Just imagine it on the Pfizer letterhead as it was when I recieved it. I don't know if it is what Kato saw as I wouldn't call this an apology although the cover letter from the Canadian Territory Manager was apologetic.

In its commitment to animal health, Pfizer regularly makes educational and commercial outreach to cattle veterinary groups and producer associations, without endorsing every individual policy position of these organizations.

Recently, a local Pfizer U.S. sales representative supported an R-CALF reception to be held in Nevada in July for the purpose of exhibiting a booth featuring information on Pfizer cattle products and technical support; this action was taken at the local level as a routine commercial activity, without management review, with no intention of endorsing any R-CALF policy position and in no way making Pfizer a corporate sponsor of R-CALF.

As a global business, Pfizer supports open and free trade among all countries; including the U.S. and Canada.

Pfizer remains strongly committed to a viable beef industry in both Canada and the U.S.

During the current BSE episode, Pfizer has taken a leadership role in supporting beef producers in Canada with the BSE Health Credit Program that has delivered over $3M to producers across Canada. In the U.S., Pfizer has also taken an active leadership role in providing significant support to educational and other programs to help strengthen the American beef industry.

Pedro Lichtinger
Global President
Pfizer Animal Health

That's probably the letter I was looking for. Doesn't sound too apologetic to me either, but the cover letter we got sure was. More of an explanation than anything else. Between a rock and a hard place eh? :?

The main thing is that they have disassociated themselves with R-Calf.

Kato said:
That's probably the letter I was looking for. Doesn't sound too apologetic to me either, but the cover letter we got sure was. More of an explanation than anything else. Between a rock and a hard place eh? :?

The main thing is that they have disassociated themselves with R-Calf.

You dont believe that any more than I do :wink: .........good luck

"without management review, with no intention of endorsing any R-CALF policy position and in no way making Pfizer a corporate sponsor of R-CALF. "

You read what you like into that, and I'll read what I like. :wink:

Kato said:
"without management review, with no intention of endorsing any R-CALF policy position and in no way making Pfizer a corporate sponsor of R-CALF. "

You read what you like into that, and I'll read what I like. :wink:

You know how the game is played between good ole boy's Kato,that pfizer rep.aint about to -----------these cattle men off :wink: good luck

Well Haymaker I know Stampede Steel was put on one of R-CALF's press releases as a supporter and when the Head off in Alberta got wind of it it was not liked :shock: The boss said he would never support R-CALF as a Canadian business man selling his product to the Canadian beef industry that would be suicide to his business. I also know that Anipro was on the same press release as Pfiser and when the head guy in Canada found out he was mad and the head man in the States found out he claimed he didn't know he was supporting a summer meeting in Nevada. He donated a $100 to a video auction sale. Looks like R-CALF has some explaining to do about what is really being donated to, the amount and what they say it is going to support!! How many more of their supporter gave a few bucks to get them off the door step and are now full fledged supporters. And I would still like to know just how many of the 16,000 members know they are members and how many just got a membership sent to them by someone they didn't even know??

Tam said:
Well Haymaker I know Stampede Steel was put on one of R-CALF's press releases as a supporter and when the Head off in Alberta got wind of it it was not liked :shock: The boss said he would never support R-CALF as a Canadian business man selling his product to the Canadian beef industry that would be suicide to his business. I also know that Anipro was on the same press release as Pfiser and when the head guy in Canada found out he was mad and the head man in the States found out he claimed he didn't know he was supporting a summer meeting in Nevada. He donated a $100 to a video auction sale. Looks like R-CALF has some explaining to do about what is really being donated to, the amount and what they say it is going to support!! How many more of their supporter gave a few bucks to get them off the door step and are now full fledged supporters. And I would still like to know just how many of the 16,000 members know they are members and how many just got a membership sent to them by someone they didn't even know??

Its not 16000 Miss Tam its 18+ and I believe if you check pfizer still is supporting the Reno deal....................good luck

Haymaker, buy the amount of postings tonite, either your trying to divert attention from your home grown cow, or you have no friends and need a response from someone or the misses put you in the dog house with your putor.

Try the Sally Ann, they have people who look after the homeless. :lol:

CA

HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:

Its not 16000 Miss Tam its 18+ and I believe if you check pfizer still is supporting the Reno deal....................good luck
Then why was their name pulled off the second press release I doubt a business gives donations and doesn't want anyone to know they did it. That is part of the reason they sponsor Haymaker so they get their name advertized.
Recently, a local Pfizer U.S. sales representative supported an R-CALF reception to be held in Nevada in July for the purpose of exhibiting a booth featuring information on Pfizer cattle products and technical support; this action was taken at the local level as a routine commercial activity, without management review, with no intention of endorsing any R-CALF policy position and in no way making Pfizer a corporate sponsor of R-CALF.
What part of this says Pfizer is a corp. sponsor to you Haymaker. A local dealer having a booth to sell their product does not make it a Corporate Donation Sponsoring the event.

Tam said:
HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:

Then why was their name pulled off the second press release I doubt a business gives donations and doesn't want anyone to know they did it. That is part of the reason they sponsor Haymaker so they get their name advertized.
What part of this says Pfizer is a corp. sponsor to you Haymaker. A local dealer having a booth to sell their product does not make it a Corporate Donation Sponsoring the event.

You made my point Miss Tam,just a pfizer rep trying to do the right thing he probably dont care about R CALF one way or the other,next thing he knows there is a canadian lynch mob after him,some how this seems wrong and I have little use for people that practice these methods.................good luck

PFIZER STEPPED IN IT BIG TIME...........FOLKS WHEN THE BIG DOG SUCKS AIR >>>>>>IT WAS A MAJOR SCREW UP!!!!!!! N'UFF SAID! :roll:

"Ah this is fun watching the skunks run from a burning woodpile."
You are right SH, PFIZER got caught and they are trying to do damage control. I do not care what some people on this board think......PFIZER got caught with their TIT in the wringer.Somebody make a bad decision. Having a booth at an event is a LOT different than funding that event. Funding an event is an ENDORSEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!! What will the fall out be remains to be seen....it may be big or hardly anything at all. The jury is still out at this time.End of story!

Kato or whoever knows, how do you find out who the local rep is? I am in the Edmonton area.

Send me a private message if you wish.

Thanks

Latest posts