• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Phase 2 of a Busy Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
We have been having an annual party/barbeque to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and to say thanks to friends and family for putting up with us.

Jessie2037.jpg

Jessie2036.jpg

We started out shooting clay targets. The last count I had, there was 10 cases of targets out, and I am pretty sure they were all gone, by the time they all came in to eat. Eveyone at the party had received the memo that I WAS the COOK this year, so I am not real sure how many targets were used, but I do know that the empty shell casings filled a 30 gallon drum.

Party001.jpg

A shop full of people, and lots of food and neighbors to help serve it.

Party005.jpg

Anyone know the lady with her back to me?
After eating, we had our jackpot roping.

Party018.jpg

You ride the bale and rope the dummy. Makes for some good clean fun.

Party015.jpg

Lisa showing us how to do it.

Party014.jpg

We had south paws too

Party012.jpg

Party022.jpg

Peach and Soapweed got in on the fun.

Party008.jpg

Mrs Flyin S gettin it done.
I used up all my good throws at a cow earlier in the day, so I missed the first throw, and it was a single elimination. We had 17 ropers, that paid anyway, and the winner ended up roping the dummy at about 35 feet out.

Congratulations :!: looks like a good time was had by all

when ever we shoot clay pigeons it seems a lot more shells are used than pigeons :wink: :wink: :???:

Looks like Soap should have had his spurs on to get that bale moving a little faster. :D

How come the calf looked farther away in Peaches picture? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Happy anniversary, looks like you had a great day. :D :D :D

We are newly weds. July 8th will be 5 years. We did our jackpot at our wedding too, and the preacher won it.

7-13-2006-13.jpg

We had a bigger "horse" that day though.

7-13-2006-22.jpg

The wedding party.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Looks like Soap should have had his spurs on to get that bale moving a little faster. :D

gcreekrch said:
I thought the same thing as Big Muddy about Soap. :lol:

It is surprising that the hat was still in its normal shape. As much as I was kicking that ol' hay bale, and as fast as we were traveling, the brim should have been strait up in front, plastered against the crown. :wink: The bale was running hard with its head low and its feet close to the ground. It was doing its best, chasing one dummy with another dummy on its back. :)

Party022.jpg

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

gcreekrch said:
I thought the same thing as Big Muddy about Soap. :lol:

It is surprising that the hat was still in its normal shape. As much as I was kicking that ol' hay bale, and as fast as we were traveling, the brim should have been strait up in front, plastered against the crown. :wink: The bale was running hard with its head low and its feet close to the ground. It was doing its best, chasing one dummy with another dummy on its back. :)

Party022.jpg

You didn't say if you caught the calf or not...

Latest posts