• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photo Contest Ideas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gunslinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I like the photo contest feature. Here is some ideas for future contests. Ugliest ranch pickup, strange ranch happenings, cutest cowboy or cowgirl. Sexiest coldweather getup. ( ugly coveral contest). Lets fun it up. :lol:

Take your pics to Target or Wal Mart (make sure yours has one) Walgreens and use their scanner and you can scan a bunch onto a disk.
Its only about $2 to put a few on disk. If you have a Eckerds they can do it for you in the photo area. hmmmm trying to think of a few other places. I know Wolf camera~Briggs camera are across the US. Any camera shop will and most are not that much more than Walgreens or Target.
Look forward to seeing some of you pics. Remember to save the best in photobucket and not post it so you can enter it LOL :wink:

How about a extreme nature catagory, hail, thunder storms, flooding ect..

for example I have some flooding pictures from last spring when we got 5 inches of rain in 15 minutes.

I have one of those all-in-ones, also. Mine's an Epson and came with my new computer last spring (Mac Mini :!: )
But even buying it outright, they're only about $100 and it does a photo-quality print and exceptionally good scans.

How about some cattle photo contests. A buddie of mine has an old hereford bull of renown serving a real good quality heifer, dead center in the middle of the calf making . The bulls back feet are off the ground...interesting picture. It is old enough I think it's in black and white.

Red Robin, if you will look at the Catagories, there is a BULL catagory coming up. That picture would work for that catagory, if you want to share it...Or this weeks catagory is ACTION, perhaps it would fit under that catagory. :shock: Go ahead and submit it...

And Robert, your suggestion is a "CAN DO". I will add it right now, probably after the BULL catagory. So watch for it.

I just put it in for March 8-15, Robert. Good idea.

Thanks everyone. I was running out of new catagories.

Faster horses said:
Red Robin, if you will look at the Catagories, there is a BULL catagory coming up. That picture would work for that catagory, if you want to share it...Or this weeks catagory is ACTION, perhaps it would fit under that catagory. :shock: Go ahead and submit it...

And Robert, your suggestion is a "CAN DO". I will add it right now, probably after the BULL catagory. So watch for it.

I just put it in for March 8-15, Robert. Good idea.

Thanks everyone. I was running out of new catagories.
I don't have the pic . If I can get it sometime I'll post it. It is a unique shot. I bet there aren't many floating around like it. It would be hard to capture I think.

We have a lot of old ranch pictures from back in the early days maybe we should have a contest of those too. Do those old pics scan ok since they are in black in white? we sure have some neat ones and I bet that you all do too.

Latest posts