• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photo Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
OK guys and girls, the always aware and on the ball Macon has put us a Photo Contest header below. You need to write up the rules and post them at the top of heading so it won't get too cluttered.

Yes, I PM'd him last night, asking if he would do this for us. He also enlarged my message box so I could accomodate more messages. I will post the rules right away.

We can change these rules after the conclusion of each contest. We are starting pretty simple until we know what we are doing a little better.

So everyone, have patience!!!!!!!

My suggestions for categories:

1- Nature
2- Cattle
3- Horses
4- Humorous
5- Ranch Life

?- Thongs

Faster horses said:
The first one will be branding pic's and must include a horse. That's just to keep the entries down until we get through this first one.

Then we can run them in order that you posted.

Thanks!!

Would ear tattoing and a Kawasaki Mule Qualify for a branding pic? :lol:

Since I don't own a branding iron OR a horse!!!!!!! Just kidding, FH. :wink:

HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:

1- Nature
2- Cattle
3- Horses
4- Humorous
5- Ranch Life
6- canadian hussies
7-whiskey
?- Thongs

Maybe that we could combine your numbers 6 & 7 & 8 into "Whiskey Drinking WITH Canadian Hussies Wearing Thongs"? :wink:

Mike said:
HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:

1- Nature
2- Cattle
3- Horses
4- Humorous
5- Ranch Life
6- canadian hussies
7-whiskey
?- Thongs

Maybe that we could combine your numbers 6 & 7 into "Whiskey Drinking WITH Canadian Hussies"? :wink:

Yeah,that would be alright for a photo contest,but I would'nt recomend drinking with a canadian hussie,specially one that is french,they get to mean :D :D :D ..............good luck

I obviously never read to the bottom of Mike's list...

I can guarantee you we will do a little bit of changing...I'll leave it up to you to figure out what we change. :wink:

On the first contest, I realize not everyone uses horses. I put that in for my own sake. I don't want to get overrun with pictures this first time. We can run a contest for branding pictures WITHOUT horses later on. We really want this to be something for everyone.

My thoughts for topics are:
Windmill pictures (but not everyone has windmills)
Character pictures (old cowboys, kids, beautiful women, etc.)

Anyway, a little more narrowed down topics than just nature. But I'm open for suggestion. I guess we can do "Nature" and see how many pictures we get. Maybe the more the merrier as we get the hang of things.

Thanks for the interest!

I like the "Rookie of the week" idea, but how would we implement that? I can't be here at the computer all day, every day. In fact, there already is a problem, because I am going to be gone from Thursday, Oct. 26 to Sunday, Oct. 30. Someone will have to take over then.

I also think "Ranch Life" is too vague. We are already covering that in every other catagory. I will add "funniest" and "prettiest' to the catagories. Thanks.

And I'd like to add "Rookie" if we can decide who would be a "rookie."

Remember, I have to use the KISS system.

My dear.......You do what you want to do...........
Who says we can't change it from week to week.........
Too many rules drive me crazy... I'm more of a fly by the seat type of gal.

Latest posts