• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

photos from here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

beethoven

Reaction score
DSC00985.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

I mistakenly thought you lived in Calgary? Those pics look like they are taken somewhere around Bowden, Red Deer or Innisfail.

Good looking stock.

the bulls come from Bashaw, but we are further north.

photos taken with a sony cybershot tx5

Fine set of cattle beethoven. I had you pegged for the Peace Country. That snow would all melt today, looking at possibly the hottest day of the year so far. Mid afternoon when I am complaining it is too hot I will come in and review your late winter photo's to cool down.

Having mixed feelings about seeing snow in July..on one hand it's a nice cool thought on these 100+ days,,but on the other hand, it just reminds me that winter will be here before I'm ready!...Very pretty countryside and critters look dang healthy..thanks for posting.

Cows are in great shape and a few of those cool morning calveing days would be nice right now.

These are some of the nicer looking Angus cattle I've seen pics of here on this site. Deep bodied with some hip in them. Feeder calves would be worth something more than average in my mind. Excellent, thanks for sharing. :D

thank you again for your comments.

spoke to a farmer friend of mine in Ireland who says Canadian Angus there have a bad name. calving difficulties cited as one reason. must investigate that again, as i dont quite fully understand what the problem is.

we find these to be great calvers ie., mothers very maternal, some bordering on fanatical for those days around the date of calving, great calves that are lighter than what used to be here (ie., 80# av. rather than upwards of 120#) and born mostly unassisted, aggressive and quick with getting up to nurse again mostly unassisted. very rarely see horns. robust at grazing, compared to again yrs ago cattle that would stand and beller rather than go out and scrounge. bulls are purebred, (papered), great range animals ie., sheath is high and away from sustaining damage on any underbrush on the range.. in big contrast to the ones here decades ago ie., as was the custom being a mixture of hereford, simmenthals and charolais. way we say it is the cows are black angus cross, even black simmenthal would work.

Latest posts