• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos from November 28, 2008

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
AfriendfromeasternNebraskawhoisvisi.jpg

A friend from eastern Nebraska who is visiting relatives in this area.
Democratcows.jpg

Cows standing in the welfare line with a couple fighting just to be ornery.
Backsofblack.jpg

Eager anticipation
Nocandlesonthecake.jpg

No candles on the cake
Onewonteatcake.jpg

One won't eat the good stuff.
Eatyourheartoutfolksthiswasforrealt.jpg

Eat your heart out, folks. What this sign proclaimed was for real here today.
Therewasalineatthegaspumpseveninour.jpg

There was a line at the gas pumps for a time, even in our little town.

I'd come fill up, but I'd be out before I got home. I ain't much for standin' in line to shop, but maybe if I just could sit there I'd wait to fill the biggest tank I could find but I see that 20 gal limit...................all jokes aside, it would be good to visit again.

Come up the road from Reno and find the reality of Kalifornia. Gas at the Janesville mini-mart was $2.59 on Wednesday afternoon. Soapweed I enjoy your ranch pics. Need to learn how to submit my own to show ranching on the Eastern slope of the Sierras

calrancher said:
Come up the road from Reno and find the reality of Kalifornia. Gas at the Janesville mini-mart was $2.59 on Wednesday afternoon. Soapweed I enjoy your ranch pics. Need to learn how to submit my own to show ranching on the Eastern slope of the Sierras
Was 2.39 in portola,that's why we go to Reno,glad to see a fellow Plumas/Lassen Rancher on here.Welcome Pard.

Blkbuckaroo said:
calrancher said:
Was 2.39 in portola,that's why we go to Reno,glad to see a fellow Plumas/Lassen Rancher on here.Welcome Pard.

Hate to make ya'll cry but was $1.65 today @ the local station

kolanuraven said:
Blkbuckaroo said:
calrancher said:

Hate to make ya'll cry but was $1.65 today @ the local station
Thanks for adding insult to injury Kola :wink: Maybe it'll go down here some more :???: Anything is better then the almost $5.00 we where paying :cry:For Diesel that is,a little less for Unleaded.

mountain dew said:
quible is the only one who can aford to do that

The proprietor of the local fuel and convenience emporium is a generous man. That is why he sold gas at a loss for one whole day. He doesn't spend much money advertising because it is unnessary. Word of mouth gets him all the business that they can handle. This was a way to give back to the community the money that would normally be spent on advertising.

He is a good local area supporter. We as a community would be in sad shape if he ever chose to retire and "hang it up." He and his wife are two of the hardest working people I know. Besides running a great small town gas and convenience store, these folks run a ranch on the side. They get the fences gone around, the windmills are in top condition, and the hay gets put up right.

It was an interesting study in humanity the day he sold gas on the cheap. People crawled out of the woodwork to take advantage of the bargain basement prices. Many plastic gas cans were filled besides cramming all they could hold into their vehicles. One man who left mad four years ago saying he would never darken the gas station door again, came back with a sheepish grin and filled up.

I commend the Black Friday promotion that went on last week. It did get everyone's attention. :)

mountain dew said:
quible is the only one who can aford to do that

Actually in the small community this gas station is found I think there are several area ranchers that could afford to sell their beef cheaper for the day of black Friday and didn't. It is pure generosity and done as a good gesture that I believe this black Friday sale of gas was done.

The part that bites my butt is that I'm sure people who don't do business there and buy it cheaper in Gordon were there right along with his loyal customerss. When I lived in the area I was a very loyal fuel customer and people often wondered why I just didn't buy by gas where it was a few cents cheaper. My comment was there are times I really need this gas station and if I don't do business there and it closes then when I need it and it's not there I'll be in part to blame. So few look at these small town businesses as the wealth they are.

Latest posts