• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos from the last days of spring, June 21, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Rainydayride.jpg

Rainy day ride
Ploddingthroughapuddle.jpg

Archimedes plodding through a puddle
Dryingoff.jpg

Drying off
Neighborsmarewithbabyhiding.jpg

Neighbor's mare with baby hiding
Upandstretching.jpg

Up and stretching
Thereitis.jpg

Now you see it
Thebabyishiding.jpg

Now you don't
Anolderplaymate.jpg

An older playmate
Fenceovertheridge.jpg

Fence over the ridge
Cattleonnewgrass-1.jpg

Cattle on new grass
Theyseemhappy.jpg

They seem happy
ThecheatgrassiskneehighbeforetheFourthofJuly.jpg

The cheatgrass is knee high before the Fourth of July.
Theendofacloudyday.jpg

End of a cloudy day

You all can send us some of that rain anytime, we have never even turned green here. Seems all we are on the recieving end of is smoke from the fires that are burning.

nenmrancher said:
You all can send us some of that rain anytime, we have never even turned green here. Seems all we are on the recieving end of is smoke from the fires that are burning.
needless to say that really sucks, way to much rain is way better then way to little rain, oh ya, nice pictures soapweed, looks like the rain is doing wonderfull things

The colts look nice.

My Grandpa loved horses. I remember him saying, "There's nothing prettier than a baby colt." I probably got it from him, as I suffer from what I call "foal euphoria". I'll see a nice colt and get to thinking it's the best one I've ever seen... then it inevitably turns into a yearling.

In reality, they all look their best at that age. How they look at 3, 4, 5 and 6 is much more important and how they ride is more important yet.

I agree with BMR and FH that the stud seems to outproduce himself.

When you see my kids you would either say I out produced myself - - - or maybe the mailman just out produced me???

Either way I think they will leave this old man in the dust!

George said:
When you see my kids you would either say I out produced myself - - - or maybe the mailman just out produced me???

Either way I think they will leave this old man in the dust!

I once witnessed an average-sized man introducing his bigger son to an acquaintance who he'd not seen for many years. The fellow looked both father and son over, and promptly proclaimed, "Looks like you outbred yourself." :)

Latest posts