• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos of some of our 2012 sale bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
I just finished our sale catalog, so now I have a little time to post some photos. Here are 10 random photos of bulls. I will post more in the days to come.

Lot 79 - LMG GILLS DIESEL 0633

Lot 6 - LMG GILLS MAXIMUS 0619

Lot 5 - LMG Gills Vin Diesel 0544

Lot 43 - LMG GILLS WIDE SPREAD 0546

Lot 4 - LMG GILLS IDOL DAWG 0634

Lot 67 - LMG GILLS WIDE SPREAD 0614

Lot 50 - LMG GILLS WIDE SPREAD 0638

Lot 56 - LMG GILLS DIESEL 0773

Lot 41 - LMG GILLS WIDE SPREAD 0757

Lot 35 - LMG GILLS MAXIMUS 0631

They look pretty good. Hows your silage ration working out this year?

Denny said:
They look pretty good. Hows your silage ration working out this year?

We are real happy with the ration. Not sure if I told you, but are using a different nutritionist this year. The ration consists of Corn silage(our grain corn ave. 62 bushels/acre) so not much corn in there, last year grass hay, last year millet straw, a little Barley screenings that feed tested out as the same as our hay, and distillers. The bulls are doing better and look better than when we used to feed corn. We have backed the 2 year old bulls off some distillers as they are plenty fleshy. All the bulls are gaining more than the ration calls for. The winter has a lot to do with that, but it is working.

As always, those are a nice set of bulls! They sure are uniform and have great depth. Another place i gotta visit someday. Hope ya don't mind myself inviting myself. :wink:

Good set of bulls-I find red angus to be a universal solvent you take a mix n match set of cows and run a couple sets of red angus bulls and you'll end up with a pretty even set of mother cows. A few hundred hereford or fleckvieh cows with those kind of bulls and you'd be in tall cotton.

Lot 5 and Lot 50 kinda catch my eye, I didn't see anybody lacking beef. Put any of those bulls on smokey or baldy cows, I"d like to see the results.

we used to get alot of straight black calves off red bulls on smokey cows-Charolais/Angus smokes. What was even more surprising was the rattail smokes I got off the ABS horned hereford bull Titan 7777-think mebbe we had a simmi in the woodpile lol.

Latest posts