• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pics from the end of July

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
A July Sunset.
PIC_7368.JPG

Bit of a Dam on the creek.
PIC_7411.JPG

Thought he was just taking a drink at first.
PIC_7414.JPG

Then I realized he was not interested in getting out.
PIC_7422.JPG

Maybe the dogs can coax him out he is a quiet bull.
PIC_7423.JPG

A bit of a discussion.
PIC_7429.JPG

PIC_7434.JPG

He decided to come out peacefully.
PIC_7446.JPG

Took him home and penned him and another bull overnight to leave early to the next morning. Sunrise the next morning going to load the bulls.
PIC_7471.JPG

Get to the corral and can only find one bull, finally found the other bull a mile and a half from home. So much for an early departure.
See if the dogs can load him on the trailer in the pasture.
PIC_7472.JPG

PIC_7477.JPG

Three on one ain't fair, who said life was fair.
PIC_7474.JPG

PIC_7480.JPG

PIC_7481.JPG

PIC_7482.JPG

PIC_7483.JPG

PIC_7484.JPG

Like Per says we can get a few mossies when it rains in this country.
PIC_7486.JPG

PIC_7487.JPG

Good thing he is quiet.
PIC_7493.JPG

Good Dogs, only got away 2 hours late.
PIC_7490.JPG

Windmill air pump for the fish pond. Not a real windmill I know. But pretty.
PIC_7535.JPG

PIC_7536.JPG

That is mighty impressive Dylan. Not sure what is more impressive, the dogs or the bull.

As dry as you were before this year, how did a beaver find you so quick?
He's going to be suprised when your area returns to "normal".

Good dogs and real nice bull Dylan!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It does come in handy to have the stock trained to each other and the bull trained to get on the trailer.

Gcreek, it is amazing to me how quickly the beavers reappear, actually a bit of a mystery. Last year you would have had to go a long way up creek to find water let alone beavers. :shock:

They are certainly opportunists.

:D

Pretty good stuff there Dylan, I know what a challenge it can be to work only one animal with the dogs, Looks like you got it figured pretty good. Enjoyed it almost as much as if I'd been there. Always worries me little for the dogs to have to fetch 'em out of water, seen some close calls for them.

Keep it up :D

Mr. Dylan, those dogs of your's are simply amazing! :D I sure enjoyed the pictures and the story. We are pretty short on beavers and swimmin' bulls in this country. If one (a beaver) was to show up to build a dam around here, his legs would be sore from the hike. :wink: Thanks for posting. I always look forward to what you post.

Latest posts