• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pic's of chute with backstops

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
2107.jpg

View from the back. You can see the chain hanging down. New boughten backstop, farther in and then pipe across chute for cattle to step over but not backwards.

2105.jpg

Another view of the pipe in the bottom of the chute for backstops.

I had never seen either the chain or the low pipes in use :shock: - - - I can see where they might work :) - -- it looks like I need to install some and in about two weeks I will let you know what my results are. :D

How did you come up with the idea about the pipes for back stops jinglebob ?,What height are they set at...................good luck

A nieghbor told me about a chute he seen at a roping that was made this way.

Pipes are around 1 foot off the ground. The should hit the livestock at just below their hocks. Low enough to step over easy, but hard to back up over.

If you had a series of holes for the pipes, at different heights, they would work for different sizes of cattle, like yearlings and calves and cows.

George said:
I had never seen either the chain or the low pipes in use :shock: - - - I can see where they might work :) - -- it looks like I need to install some and in about two weeks I will let you know what my results are. :D

We ran about 225 head of heifers thru' here this spring, while spaying, and got along real well. They ain't perfect, but I ain't never seen anything yet that is.

It's very important to have several pipes, about the distance apart as the cattle are long or slightly longer, as the cattle in front will back up and push the last critter in front of the pipe, backwards and if you ain't careful you'll have a critter upside down, on it's back. Might even get on hurt, if you had a bunch of "wienie" type cattle! The cattle around here are "tuff" so we've never had any problems, much! :lol:

We have the low bars on our striping chute steers will stand in there while you take your ropes off some will back out but not many.

I seen both at ropin arena's. worked well on smaller cattle, once trained to duck under or choke, lol. Trainings happens fast, good to know it works well on larger cattle,

PPRM

Can you imagine the fartknocker if you tried to push something up the alley and it pushed you backwards-I can't wait to try these out lol.

Latest posts