• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
I've been slacking off again in the picture department so here a few from the last month.

About a month ago, we gathered the BLM and put them back on leased deeded ground. We rode from home as the BLM is between us and leased ground. Two pair met us at the first gate...not on our BLM, so took them with us.

They were happily scattered when we got to the permit

Gathered the elk too :wink: Not really, Jill was working the other side of the river when this elk came from the other direction. Made for a neat picture.

Eagle was duck hunting and watching us.

I ended up down river from Mike, here is coming with a bunch

As they are going by me

They are filling the dam so the river is very low...makes it easy to see why it's not fun to cross. The rocks are slick even when they are dry.

Jill

Where we left them

Kinda cool pic

Had them home for about 10 days before we shipped and then another 10 after. Took them back to the leased ground last monday.

Going up the trail

View from the top

The trail was in very good shape

Raised twins that both went on the truck!

Left the first and second calvers home but took the fat little yearlings.

Really happy with how the cows look after a rough summer

Really nice greenup

And FLOWERS blooming...couldn't believe it

Almost there

Where we left them, they still had to go another mile to get to water. Can't accuse the poor girls of being lazy.

:shock:

Great pictures, Nicky. You ranch with glamour and pizzazz, and do it up right. Your cattle are always fat and sassy and well cared for. You and Mike do a fine job. :tiphat:

Your cattle show good care and good breeding, Nicky. They are a hardy bunch.

Your rocky bottom creek reminds me of when we had to cross a creek with a similar bottom to get to the house. One moonlit evening when we were riding back and came to the creek, I said, "one way to get high without drugs is to ride a horse across this creek in the dark." It always was a rush for me.

Thanks all! Don't know about 'glamour and pizzazz' part though...

BMR, they'll be here today. Probably before we get home as we're helping friends south of town.

Folks in that jet are covering hundreds of miles in an hour, while you trail those ol'cow all day and cover a few miles. Going fast does not mean you are getting somewhere. Goings slow does not mean you're not. There is a difference between going fast and getting places. You like what you do. It shows. You are getting places!

Looks like Sherpas and Yaks would do well, there. I wonder if a Sherpa can ever manage to get a word in edgewise with a Yak ?

Seriously, I'd love to see that country sightin' down between a horse's ears.

katrina said:
Nice Nicky.... ONe quick question. Do you spray or dig your mullen weeds? Do you have trouble with thistles and such out there?

You would notice the weeds :wink: We don't worry about the mullen. Thistles are bad here, Scotch are the worst in the rangeground. We spray, spray and spray. It sure helps but they come right back if you let up on em.

Great photos, Nicky! That country is something! Glad you had such a great year! I got my first ever sheep today...you might as well join in.... :D

Nicky said:
katrina said:
Nice Nicky.... ONe quick question. Do you spray or dig your mullen weeds? Do you have trouble with thistles and such out there?

You would notice the weeds :wink: We don't worry about the mullen. Thistles are bad here, Scotch are the worst in the rangeground. We spray, spray and spray. It sure helps but they come right back if you let up on em.

Sorry.... We do too.... Never ending here..

Nice pics. Just be careful or these yahoos might be selling you goats.

there a green house, and small organic farm here that goes and harvest Mullen stalks , they cut in into inch long pieces and then into a 55 gal drum with some kind of vegetable oil. thin k if for ear ache drops not sure ...

Latest posts