• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score

Worlds smallest ranch checking in.... :D . None of them are pictured yet, but for the first time since 2010 I've been sitting in cattle sale barns about everyday lately putting some more cows together. ...It's been a ton of fun and feels good! I was done calving, but am about to start in again with the new ladies. Hopefully I can fill my sack in the next week or 2 of sales. I raise even more animals than the last time I've posted, but I'll keep that hidden... :D .

my newest heeler pup....she's a year old now.

:D

Been using horses in the winter to run a little trap line

My new little buddy...bull

Loved the pics, Sure glad you checked in as I was worried you had checked out. :lol: :lol:

How was the trapping. I shot 20 coyotes this winter my SIL skinned some and I sold the rest whole.

Sure glad to see you back R A! Thanks for the pics, now that we know you are alive we expect a bunch more!

Thanks RA, glad to know you're still kicking and ticking.

How are those younguns coming along? Poultry production? Hogs? Wabbits? Woolies?

Take care.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

I was able to pick up another 12 head since posting this...and the new ones have started calving. I'll have lots of new pictures...

Trapping has been going good and I'm learning a lot. The coyotes haven't been moving through here as much. I only shot 1 and trapped 3 all winter...that is way way lower than normal. I haven't seen fox in a few years, but did this winter and trapped 3...haven't seen any since. I can trap coyote, fox, possum, coon and muscrat on my place. I'm pecking away at all the supplies...I can flesh and dry pretty much everything now. I'm about to start in tanning some of what I caught this last winter.

Kids are doing great! Oldest boy is 9 now, youngest is 3..almost 4 and one coming in July...pretty sure it's a girl. The boys keep getting to be more and more help out there....it's a lot of fun!

All the critters are doing great!
....We now raise.....
commercial cattle
registered Berkshire pigs
llamas
Black Welsh Mountain Sheep
Registered Dwarf Nigerian dwarf goats
Pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf cross goats
Toulouse geese
mutt rabbits
Holland lop rabbits
Brown egg laying chickens...mainly Barred Rocks
Muscovy ducks
Pekin ducks
Rouen ducks
Standard Bronze turkeys
Royal Palm turkeys
Sweetgrass turkeys
Bourbon Red turkeys
barnyard cats...haha
Wood ducks
Mandarin ducks

...and we just have at the moment but not raise...
horses
heeler dogs
cornish cross meatbird chickens
broad breasted bronze turkeys

...coming soon as I can get them....
mini donkeys
camels
zebra
buffalo

R A said:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

I was able to pick up another 12 head since posting this...and the new ones have started calving. I'll have lots of new pictures...

Trapping has been going good and I'm learning a lot. The coyotes haven't been moving through here as much. I only shot 1 and trapped 3 all winter...that is way way lower than normal. I haven't seen fox in a few years, but did this winter and trapped 3...haven't seen any since. I can trap coyote, fox, possum, coon and muscrat on my place. I'm pecking away at all the supplies...I can flesh and dry pretty much everything now. I'm about to start in tanning some of what I caught this last winter.

Kids are doing great! Oldest boy is 9 now, youngest is 3..almost 4 and one coming in July...pretty sure it's a girl. The boys keep getting to be more and more help out there....it's a lot of fun!

All the critters are doing great!
....We now raise.....
commercial cattle
registered Berkshire pigs
llamas
Black Welsh Mountain Sheep
Registered Dwarf Nigerian dwarf goats
Pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf cross goats
Toulouse geese
mutt rabbits
Holland lop rabbits
Brown egg laying chickens...mainly Barred Rocks
Muscovy ducks
Pekin ducks
Rouen ducks
Standard Bronze turkeys
Royal Palm turkeys
Sweetgrass turkeys
Bourbon Red turkeys
barnyard cats...haha
Wood ducks
Mandarin ducks

...and we just have at the moment but not raise...
horses
heeler dogs
cornish cross meatbird chickens
broad breasted bronze turkeys

...coming soon as I can get them....
mini donkeys
camels
zebra
buffalo

Lots of variety, but it's hard to fit all that on a business card. :) Best of luck in your many endeavors.

Faster horses said:
You are the King of Diverisfication! That is a lot of different livestock!

We eat well, stay busy and have lots of entertainment... :D .

Soapweed said:
Lots of variety, but it's hard to fit all that on a business card. :) Best of luck in your many endeavors.

lol.... :D . Thanks! Yeah, not even going to try...people dont want to carry around a fill sized sheet of card stock around... :D .

I'd love to have a greater variety of animals, but logistics of keeping them doesn't work that great around here.. nice pictures!

Nesikep said:
I'd love to have a greater variety of animals, but logistics of keeping them doesn't work that great around here.. nice pictures!

Thanks! I love learning all about caring for lots of kinds of animals! I went to my first big exotic animal sale the other day and it really fired me up... :D . Cows are the only thing we're really building up and will continue to. We're cutting way back on pigs, but still going to raise some.

Looking pretty good around your place amigo. You definitely have lots of critters of all shapes and sizes. Thanks for checkin' in on here with the rest of us rounders. :)

Latest posts