• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I think your business card could just read "Noah's Ranch" that should explain the variety. :D :D

:D That might work!... :D . It does maybe seem like I'm trying to secure job security if whoever is running this little experiment on earth decides we got too far away from what we were suppose to and floods everything to start over.... :D

leanin' H said:
Looking pretty good around your place amigo. You definitely have lots of critters of all shapes and sizes. Thanks for checkin' in on here with the rest of us rounders. :)

Thanks!... :D . Seems you might not be too far behind... :D . I like all the things that go with having a variety of critters.

Nesikep said:
Particularly love the pictures of the newborn piggies and the kid jumping over your kid :)

ah yeah, the baby pigs and goats are a huge hit! We were just at 31 sows before starting to cut back...all super gentle...like having a bunch of really tame dogs. We all sit in with them and play with the babies everyday. The baby goats are a blast and funny as heck to watch and play with!

Faster horses said:
You just gave me a big grin for the day, actually some chuckles too. So great to see so many happy, well-cared for animals (and kids).
Thanks for sharing.

No problem!... :D . I never really do quite get done with chores... :D

I'd love to have perhaps 2-3 sows and a bunch of piggies running around, it makes life interesting, and they're darned smart.. My friend raises a bunch of hogs, not as many as you, probably about 6 sows, and he's had a number of orphans he's had to take care of, litter train, and come with him to work, hotels, etc.. I have a dislike of sheep, but I could handle some goats I think.
Big problem for me is I am pretty much alone here, and it's always another bunch of animals to keep separate, keep out of the garden, and I'm sure you know the drill.. Pigs will tie you to the home place even more than cattle... If I had a few kids of my own I could pawn off the chores to it would be a little different.
I spent about 3 hours with the calves today.. what a bunch of little shyt disturbers.. a few of the heifers are getting pretty big already (200 lbs) as well as a steer that's gotta be over that.. they were intent on fighting with my knees, and literally speaking, they were eating the shirt off my back. There are 3 newborn heifers in there too (born over the weekend) and they're starting to kick up their heels too.. One has white socks on her hind legs, and when it's dusk out, all your eye focus on are the white socks and tail swish. My real pet Mega (6 year old milkable beef cow) is a sucker for getting let out to graze on the halter.. She was at the gate just BEGGING to go out.. I obliged her and she was very happy.

Good stuff! I was just able to add 19 bred cows to my herd this last couple weeks. Been going to lots of sales. I'm not used to ever sitting...I think I honestly bruised my tail bone...lol. So I'm working everyday to tame them down and get use to me. I made sure not to buy any mean ones, but a couple are pretty timid. Some already are eating out of my hand. Yeah, the pigs seem to be the most demanding for time I'd say of everything. So far my llamas are the easiest to train animal...as far as breaking to lead and taming down. I would of never guessed how much I like having the llamas. I had baby Toulouse geese start to hatch today...they are cute as heck.

Latest posts