• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Picture of old cow, yearlings and 1 horse

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
This is a nice 5 year old that our daughter has consigned to the Ranchers Choice Horse Sale held in Billings, Mt. April 18 at Yellowstone Boys Club.
Consignors are by invitation only.

042.jpg

042.jpg

Head shot. I've always liked this horse.
044.jpg

Our oldest cow at 16 years old. She had a backwards calf by herself.
I wanted to get a photo of her and her calf, but they didn't cooperate.
In fact, this is the first time I've been able to get a picture of the cow!!

032.jpg

A couple of yearling heifers going back to the pasture they should have stayed in!!!
041.jpg

036.jpg

Did ya notice--NO SNOW!!

This is my first attemp at using Photobucket for awhile now. I made the pictures 'medium' in size. I think I should have gone smaller...

I'm no photobucket person, but a little smaller on the pictures would be good to save the side to side scrolling.

Some day I'll probably eat these words, but I'm jealous of the dry, bare ground. Our snow really went off the last couple days and might even dry some high spots a bit today. Not to worry though, 70% chance of moisture Wednesday and Thursday again. At least it'll be in liquid form.

Nice lookin gelding,hope she does good with him,I bet you are snowed out by now,be good to get some warm weather.
good luck

Now whats that in the back of the pictures- oil well storage tanks :???: ....We'd have been nicer to you if you told us you had oil wells :wink: :p

That old gal looks like she's doing pretty good....

Like the horse A LOT! :D I'd choose him over a 4-wheeler any day of the week. Are all his feet white, or just covered in muck? Your cattle look good too...don't you just love yearlings, especially this time of year :roll:.

WyomingRancher said:
Like the horse A LOT! :D I'd choose him over a 4-wheeler any day of the week. Are all his feet white, or just covered in muck? Your cattle look good too...don't you just love yearlings, especially this time of year :roll:.

Whats the old saying?

One white foot, buy him.
Two white feet, try him.
Three white feet, be on the sly.
Four white feet, pass him by.

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're as bad as me about keeping them ol' gals around!! :lol: :lol:

Nice horse

FS, I've been hanging around ranchers.net for i don't know how long. the pics of your sorrel finally got me to post a message. I like the looks of him, what has he been used for? How much ranch work has he seen?

Oldtimer said:
WyomingRancher said:

Whats the old saying?

One white foot, buy him.
Two white feet, try him.

I'd make an exception in this case :wink:. Don't know which horse I like better, this one or Jerry H's Brownie... both could have a home here :lol:. Hope he sells well for her :D.

WyomingRancher said:
Oldtimer said:
WyomingRancher said:

Whats the old saying?

One white foot, buy him.
Two white feet, try him.

I'd make an exception in this case :wink:. Don't know which horse I like better, this one or Jerry H's Brownie... both could have a home here :lol:. Hope he sells well for her :D.

Theres another one too...Years back some old horsemen wouldn't touch a horse with white feet-- but in this day and age there aren't many/any horses that get used like those old ones did...

One white foot, keep him not a day,
Two white feet, send him far away,
Three white feet, sell him to a friend,
Four white feet, keep him to the end.

Was gone all day yesterday and half the night. :shock:

Anyway, getting back to questions asked. They own the stud and the
mare, they raised this horse. He is Smart Smoke (goes back to Gunsmoke--and I really like Gunsmoke horses!
and the mare goes back to Peppy San Badger.

Does anyone know about striped feet? They are really good feet.
Not too brittle and not too soft. He does have striped feet. We had a
direct grandson of Leo who had striped feet and they were the best!!
And he had 4 stockings and strip face. I wish we still had him.
We owned him from 5 years old to 28 years old, when we had to
put him down. Now he was one of those GREAT horses! :shock:
Miss him to this day.

Justin, welcome to ranchers.net. Glad to have you aboard!

He has been ridden outside and she has him pulling a log, light
at first then heavy. He isn't spooky, is really cowy. They haven't
had him in arena. He's good with a rope. They put him in the green
part of the sale because he was started the fall he was three and
they didn't do much with him til last fall. (Too many horses!!)
They thought of keeping him a stud, but the horse deal isn't real
conductive to raising MORE horses...so they did cut him.

Nice photos FH...we need to see more!

I like the ol' cow, and the caballo is a dandy. I hope they do well with him at the sale. Even in a down market, it seems good horses still sell well!

I like the heifers too...looks like they're coming along nicely!

The snow has really gone here too...at little too quick. Lots and lots of really bad flooding around.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Nice looking horse. How tall is he? Sure hope he sells great for her.

mrj

He is only about 14-2 hands, but she grew up on big horses and she says
he feels like a big horse, only easier to get on!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sale is named Real Ranch Horse Invitational Sale
April 18
Yellowstone Boys and Girls Club, Billings, Mt.

www.realranchhorses.com

Hey everybody! I haven't been around in a while, been too busy I guess.

I love the head on that horse FH, looks like the type of horse I enjoy using. I can't make it over to the sale today but I wish I could!! Let me know what your horse sells for and how the other horses sell. It will be interesting to see how the market is doing and I think this sale will be a pretty good measuring stick.

Latest posts