• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures are more fun than duty

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
New shoes.
vermillionOct2012025.jpg

Frosty but fairly warm the last few days.
November12012002.jpg

Heading west to fix the ramp up to the chute so the trucks can easily get into place.
November12012002-1.jpg

Banked grass ready for Monday's move.
November12012005.jpg

Someone working and someone photographing.
November12012009.jpg

Rain making snow disapear.
November12012008.jpg

A fence that might require H's services.
November12012011.jpg

Always a good sign when water unsolidifies.
November12012002-2.jpg

Calves weaned about an hour before this picture.
November12012005-1.jpg

You can't afford me! :D Is that country rocky? It's steep enough on that ridge to make me feel right at home. :lol: That grass sure makes me envious and the calves look content and soggy.

great pic's Per, it was nice to see the mountains again if only in a pic. we haven't been able to see more than a 1/4 mile for about a week now,on a good note though haven't seen the big city either :wink:

excellent cattle,lot's of grass, and a hard working wife, what more could one ask for eh. :D

Per;
If you are trying to make me homesick you are almost succeeding!!! Nice and warm here, but those rocks and hills are sure calling!! Thanks for the pictures.
JDBalerman

Soap that bag is hard as rock. Just like iron. 8)

Hayguy it has been peasoup fog to Hartell every day and then sunshine except for the periods of rain blowing through. Pregtested today with the sun poking out off and on all day. Came back to the east place and low clouds with fog.

JD it has been a pretty nice fall, not sure why anyone would leave here for heat and insects. (Just cold enough now to eliminate the bugs) Can see you place in the bobcat photo. It has been the line between the sun and the fog for two weeks now.

Hereford76 said:
are those the porcupine hills? nice pictures, nice calves... looks like a calf might have to work a little to start on that iron cow.

Just north of the Porcupine hills. That iron cow is raising two iron calves but they haven't been growing well. :wink:

per said:
Soap that bag is hard as rock. Just like iron. 8)

Hayguy it has been peasoup fog to Hartell every day and then sunshine except for the periods of rain blowing through. Pregtested today with the sun poking out off and on all day. Came back to the east place and low clouds with fog.

JD it has been a pretty nice fall, not sure why anyone would leave here for heat and insects. (Just cold enough now to eliminate the bugs) Can see you place in the bobcat photo. It has been the line between the sun and the fog for two weeks now.

if the ninety day thing hold's true ,the end of Jan. first of Feb. could be interesting :wink:

if the ninety day thing hold's true ,the end of Jan. first of Feb. could be interesting
I dont think we have seen the sun for 2 weeks.
The black cow on your sign looks to possibly have an udder problem.
:lol: :lol: My wife carefully drew some cows for our metal guy to use as a pattern for a steel sign. When I went to pick it up the cow looked good but she had one big teat. :lol:
I sure like your country per and those red calves look good. I put the same shoes on my red mare just before the snow , I like them.

Actually Per, where we are there are virtually no insects of any sort. I have only seen one mosquito and maybe half a dozen flies so far. Temps. have been in the high 60's, and beautiful sunshine almost every day.(no fog at all). Most of the trees still have their leaves, tho they are changing colors and getting all dressed up for fall, with browns, reds, golds, bronze, and every color in between. Very pretty.
Your calves sure look fantastic, as they always do.
Stay warm.
JD

Latest posts