• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures, as of July 20, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Peachonhermowoutfit800x600.jpg

Peach on the mow outfit
Layingdownhay800x600.jpg

Laying down hay
Movingrightalong800x600.jpg

Moving right along
Haybalesacrossthelake800x600.jpg

Hay bales across the lake
Cattleindroughtconditions800x600.jpg

Cattle in drought conditions
Butatleastitsraininginthedistance800x600.jpg

But at least it's raining in the distance
Geeseonthewater800x600.jpg

Geese on the water
Stormoverthepond800x600.jpg

Storm over the pond
Wildcloudsinthedistance800x600.jpg

Wild clouds in the distance
Twoballedupfistsreadytofight800x600.jpg

Two balled up fists ready to fight
Stillgoingcomesundown800x600.jpg

The mow tractor still going come sundown
Streaksintheclouds800x600.jpg

Streaks in the clouds
Coloredsky800x600.jpg

Colored sky
OldGlory800x600.jpg

Old Glory
Goingtofightfire800x600.jpg

Going to fight fire
Looksbad800x600.jpg

Looks bad
KosmoKidwithagun800x600.jpg

Kosmo Kid with a gun
Inpositionincasethefirejumpsthecreek800x600.jpg

In position in case the fire jumps Leander Creek
BadfirethatcrossedtheNiobraraRiver800x600.jpg

It has already crossed the Niobrara River, and could easily jump across Leander Creek. If it does, the trucks won't be able to cross
without going a long way around. We are in position in case this happens.
CheckingtoseeifthefirejumpsLeanderCreek800x600.jpg

We are on a high hill and are watching lightning in other directions as well.
Redsunatnight800x600.jpg

Red sun at night

If the officials catch you without your hardhats and steel toe boots you could be sent home. :roll:
Hope you get rain soon down there. Is anyone using a disc for a fireguard?

How many years since you've mowed that close to the lake? A bit of old bottom is in evidence.

Looking good there Soap. I never went to that fire, was kinda busy with a couple others.
From what I am hearing, the discing isn't working very well. The fires are still burning across the disced ground. The disc works for back burning, or so I am told.

Hope you get some rain to ease the risk of fires. Hay looks good. The cows are looking good even though you are in a drought, we seen some not far from home that are just skin and bones and we arent even in a drought here yet. If i can i will get some pics next time i am bye there.

1st off, sorry for the fires and damage/trouble it's causing everybody up there. That sucks. I know last year down here, there were some guys that had that happen, and then w/ the 0 regrowth, their pastures started blowing and it was a mess.

So, my question: The tanks in the pickups look to be 100-200 gallon tanks, will that work all that well for the size of fires I'm assuming those are? Or is it a situation that you get lots of them together to make them effective? Anybody ever use their nurse trailers to fight fires?

Hope you fair well in the fire event. I had read about it on another site and was wondering today while hanging wire if you were doing alright. We keep my disc hooked to the neighbors tractor all summer in event of fire. Last year it was put to use. A fire started at the cut off road and came with in a half mile of our place. The discing saved the day.

A 100 gallon sprayer will put out lots of fire, if used right, but when the fires get as big as they have recently, you get lots of little units together, then call for more help!!

gcreekrch said:
If the officials catch you without your hardhats and steel toe boots you could be sent home. :roll:

How many years since you've mowed that close to the lake? A bit of old bottom is in evidence.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Peaches "old bottom". :wink: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Peaches "old bottom". :wink: :lol: :lol:

You oughta be ashamed of your self sayin suthin like that, even if it is true :D ...................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:

You oughta be ashamed of your self sayin suthin like that, even if it is true :D ...................good luck

Peach never gets on Ranchers.net unless I show her something. It might be in my best interest to not show her this. :wink: Thanks for the laughs guys. :)

We are getting a pretty decent rain here at the moment. I hope it continues. Maybe we can be the Soggy Bottom Swampers.

Soapweed said:
HAY MAKER said:

Peach never gets on Ranchers.net unless I show her something. It might be in my best interest to not show her this. :wink: Thanks for the laughs guys. :)

We are getting a pretty decent rain here at the moment. I hope it continues. Maybe we can be the Soggy Bottom Swampers.

I was having a bad day until I read this. Thanks alot guys, you just made my day. :)

pknoeber said:
So, my question: The tanks in the pickups look to be 100-200 gallon tanks, will that work all that well for the size of fires I'm assuming those are? Or is it a situation that you get lots of them together to make them effective? Anybody ever use their nurse trailers to fight fires?

As LazyWP said 100 gallon sprayer will put out a lot of fire if used right. They work really good in tandem with a larger truck. Put one of them behind a truck like I run, a Ford 550 hauling 500 gallons and you will put out a lot of fire and keep it out. The lead truck puts out 95% or better of the fire and the second and third trucks in line clean up anything missed by the lead. You can go almost twice as fast and still hold the line.

That's like when I run a dozer putting out fire. If I am by myself I have to turn loops and go back and get the hotspots and flareups but if I have a small truck to follow me we can put a lot of fire out.

More great photos, Soapweed! I'll never get tired of our office views! :D I'm diggin' that mower!

Latest posts